How not to arrest someone

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Wow. I guess they don't have a charge for obstruction or inciting a riot (meaning a group of people acting together to cause disorder). They were a lot more patient than I would have been.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Yea i would have definitely let a few of em ride the x26!

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
It looked like they were afraid or incapable of using the amount of force required to control that situation. First, with the one they were wrestling with (who should have been in custody within the first minute), then with at least the guy with the backwards multi-colored hat. He would absolutely have gone to jail as well. Probably with a broken arm after I hit it with my baton when he put hands on one of the officers. Anyone who actively pulled the subject away from officers would have gone as well.

When the situation resolves itself this way, all it does is affirm to everyone present that there are no consequences for fighting with officers. I've seen people in my own department do it, and am disgusted every time. Because I know that I'll be the next one to get called there, and these people think I'm going to treat them the same way the last officer did. And they are always surprised when I drop the hammer and some asses get kicked - and I refuse to let it be someone in uniform.

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
Rofocowboy84 said:
So is this what a year in the academy does? :p

Looks like these officers were in the Swedish massage academy and not the police academy. :lol:

Though I was wondering about the incident in Seattle a few weeks back where the officer struck the woman. It was reported widely in Europe, and the media mostly made the officer the bad guy. Could it be that the officers here were afraid to act more forcefully because of that?

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
RJ* said:
Looks like these officers were in the Swedish massage academy and not the police academy. :lol:

Though I was wondering about the incident in Seattle a few weeks back where the officer struck the woman. It was reported widely in Europe, and the media mostly made the officer the bad guy. Could it be that the officers here were afraid to act more forcefully because of that?

Except the officer was totally in the right....at least by American standards....

Also, there is nothing wrong with people who attend the Swedish Massage Academy! They make me feel good, and in a much more legal (and cheaper) way than the mamma-sans at the Wishy-Washies down in Chinatown, lol! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.