Support How to close a thread when item sells

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/thread-post-edit-tools.71521/#post-574417
According the the site updates thread, that feature has been removed for the time being

http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/forum-software-changes-again.71376/#post-571828
Editing of posts and titles is disabled until we get things configured the way we need it to operate. Please hang in there.

Check back through some of the other posts in the Technical Issues section, see if there may be some answers to other questions you may encounter, having just come back to the site.

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
I read the instructions but cannot find "edit" anywhere
Some people are able to close their own threads. It seems hit or miss on who can though. I know Jman423 has been working on the permissions site wide.

The close option is not under the normal "edit" spot in the lower left of the post. When it is available, it is under "thread tools" at the top right of the original post and has a button that you need to de-select next to "open".

If you still are unable to lock it, feel free to report the thread and ask that staff close it. We would be happy to do so.

Upvote 0

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
I'd also ask that everyone be reminded not to change the title of the thread when closing it. It's handy to know what the item was, even after the sale is long completed. I noticed one just in the last few days that was re-titled to "sold" which is not very helpful.

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
I'd also ask that everyone be reminded not to change the title of the thread when closing it. It's handy to know what the item was, even after the sale is long completed. I noticed one just in the last few days that was re-titled to "sold" which is not very helpful.

You bring up a good point Steve. Editing content so that it's original purpose is no longer evident is a violation of forum policy.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.