how to fill the gaps in between the windshield and dash light?

nycmedic

Nov 24, 2013
ny
What do you guys use to fill the gaps in between the windshield and dash light? I test fitted a dual talon and there is a gap on 3/4 of the light because of thr curvature of the windshield.

ccfd25

Jul 10, 2010
Kentucky
I had the same problem when I had my dual talon mounted in my truck, I used a strip of the black 3m sticky tape and put it along the tip of the flash shield.

nycmedic

Nov 24, 2013
ny
Did you also tape it to the windshield? . I heard of people using rubner strips as silencers. Would that work? If so where can i buy these strips?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
nycmedic said:
Did you also tape it to the windshield? . I heard of people using rubner strips as silencers. Would that work? If so where can i buy these strips?

You can buy 3M double sided tape, or you can dab some silicone in the suction cups to hold them. As for the flashback shield, you can be creative, whether it's trimming some rubber to be like a gasket/seal, or using some thick tape to close the gap; you can find what you need at lowes or Home Depot.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
I picked up a couple of sheets of 1/16" thick black ABS. It can can be cut to fit easily with trauma shears or a utility knife, and will nicely extend a flashback shield as needed. I use some 3M double sided trim tape to fasten it to the existing shield. It works very, very well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.