How to hook up my Dynamax Speakers to my FS Smart Siren S2000

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
Hey guys just got 2 Dynamax speakers and just want to get the specifics on how to hook up the 2 speakers to my Federal Signal S2000

Thanks.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Use 18 ga or larger wire.

Connect the two black speaker wires together and to the blue wire (pin 1) on the siren harness.

Connect the two white speaker wires together and to the brown wire (pin 3) on the siren harness.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
IIRC, your siren spkr wires are the blue and brown wires in the harness. Verify by going to the FedSig website and locating the installation manual.

InstallDude

May 24, 2010
United States/Texas
The installation manual specifies connecting the two speakers to be hooked up in phase,meaning connect the two white wires together,hook the black wire from one speaker to the blue wire,and the other black to the brown wire.

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
InstallDude said:
The installation manual specifies connecting the two speakers to be hooked up in phase,meaning connect the two white wires together,hook the black wire from one speaker to the blue wire,and the other black to the brown wire.
Not really. Actually it says this....

"On Federal speakers, this can be accomplished by connecting the two speaker leads marked “1” to the SPEAKER COMMON power cable lead and the two speaker leads marked “2” to the SPEAKER HI POWER or SPEAKER LO POWER power cable leads."

This quote is from here...

http://www.fedsig.com/docs/255336.pdf

Page 6, Section 3-6, Subsection A, Part 1.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
InstallDude said:

Absolutely not. What you're describing is putting the speakers in series, but out of phase. It will produce some sound (about 50 W) and a lot of phase cancellation.

If you've actually been installing speakers this way, you'll be amazed at how much better they sound when connected correctly!

InstallDude

May 24, 2010
United States/Texas
I stand corrected.The older Smart Sirens were 100 watt,and that is how we hooked up to two 100 watt drivers.

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
movi3king said:
:) Thanks again.
Hope their both running. Think they are.
If you listen really closely when it is in wail, you can hear a faint "warble" type of sound(I heard it at 00:11-00:12 in your video). Every 200 watt dual speaker system that was working right I have heard does that. It tells me that both are working. My 200 watt system does the same thing and I know for a fact that mine is hooked up right. lol!!

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
hitman38367 said:
If you listen really closely when it is in wail, you can hear a faint "warble" type of sound(I heard it at 00:11-00:12 in your video). Every 200 watt dual speaker system that was working right I have heard does that. It tells me that both are working. My 200 watt system does the same thing and I know for a fact that mine is hooked up right. lol!!

YUP I HEAR IT!! :)

Now comes the fun part... Custom making brackets so i can mount them in my wrangler.

This whole lights and sirens thing has become an addiction :)

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Is that a 3rd siren speaker in there to the passenger's side? What else are you running? (Granted I can't scoff at you as I'm planning on running 400w [or more] out of my CV when it's all said and done.)

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
foxtrot5 said:
Is that a 3rd siren speaker in there to the passenger's side? What else are you running? (Granted I can't scoff at you as I'm planning on running 400w [or more] out of my CV when it's all said and done.)

Looks like maybe a car alarm siren?

You aren't doing 400 watts yet? Surrender your wacker card! (Speaking as someone running a Cencom and an Alpha22Q - a real one, not the post-lawsuit dying-cow version - into 4 SA314P speakers)

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
tvsjr said:
Looks like maybe a car alarm siren?

You aren't doing 400 watts yet? Surrender your wacker card! (Speaking as someone running a Cencom and an Alpha22Q - a real one, not the post-lawsuit dying-cow version - into 4 SA314P speakers)

If you've got two spare speakers to send me with brackets, then I'll gladly run 400 watts. But as I'm in the process of trying to find/buy a house I'm a tad bit tight on cash. I probably didn't really need the 2x 600 series and 2x PAR36 strobes, 2x dual dashmisers, and 8 head strobe PS... but they were so pretty...

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
foxtrot5 said:

2 Dynamax are part of a 200w setup for smart siren.

1 Carson speaker (on passenger side) is connected to my regular horn (yes assholes in ny dont move...) its part of a carson e-horn kit...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.