How to Quiet Code 3 Free form rotators

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I am looking to find a way to quiet down my free form rotators. I have another guy in my department with the same rotators and they arent as loud as mine. In fact all you head is the little motor running. Mine seem like they are loose. Any ideas? All help would be great. Oh by the way these are Brand new rotors as well.

Pull the retaining clip and and slide the rotator off, then put a little lithium grease in there.

Ok, thanks. I already have some so I guess I will try it. Maybe I will post a video if everything works great. Thanks guys.

Well after trying the white lithium grease, it didnt help any. Here is a video of what it sounds like. Its just way to loud to the other rotators I have heard. I have heard these being loud with the old metal rotators but not these ones. There does seem to be alot of space in between the reflector and the base of the rotators. Any one else with any ideas. Might seem to work better if I use a thicker grease maybe, one that might hold better to the base, idk, got any ideas anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WPU8iHwn5E

You will have to move the worm gear either in or out (probably in) . It should be approx 1/16 to 1/8 of a inch from the motor. If you hold the reflector assembly you should be able to forceably move the worm gear in a little and then try it . If it isnt any quieter then try moving it either in more or out more and try it again . I have found this will work well to quiet it down .

Peter is right, but then so is local hearo, The custom mx7000 I made a couple of years ago with the new free form high speed rotators was not as loud as that. With out actually putting my own hands on it I really can't help much, just one of those things your gonna have to mess with to get it right.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381