Howler wiring

RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Morning all, I am in the middle of a install where I would like to use a whelen SLSA6 siren to control the operation of a whelen howler. I already programmed one of the 6 push buttons to momentary for triggering the howler. What I am wanting to do is use a 5 pin relay to complete the circuit between wires 7 and 14 in the howler harness. Here is a pic of what I am trying to achieve. My question is will it work? The siren is positive switched and the howler just needs the 2 wires to be connected for operation from what I can see. Any thoughts or other ways to go about it? Or how you may have done it with that siren?. I am trying to avoid using random push buttons. Thank you.

Attachments

MtnMan

Your circuit will work, but it’s not necessary. The SLSA6 has two outputs that can function as isolated NC/NO switches by moving the corresponding fuse. See section 5.2 of the manual. https://www.whelen.com/install/141/14130.pdf

You can also activate the Howler via ground switching (using wire 3), which makes things even simpler.

OP
OP
RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members