HUGE double sided STOP/SOLID RED flashing light (6 volts) Alternating flash

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
I would love to find out more about this light. The thing is huge. Stands over 10" tall. Its 6 volt with 2 flashers inside, which give the alternating front to back flash mode. The one lens is a STOP lens, the other is solid red. Both are TRIPPE BEAM C328 lenses. Not sure of the main body was made by Trippe. I could see this style light mounted on a 40's-50's police car, since back then the standard blinking lights like this were common. It would make sense to have the STOP lens facing forward and the solid red lens to the rear. I did have to do some updating on the wiring. The original cord was actually steel encased but was getting bad. The light works perfectly. This is the only photo that I have right now but can post more tomorrow. I would like to post a video of it in action but still havent had any luck posting videos on this forum. I will post a video of it working on FB soon.IMG_0180.JPG

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
I believe you have a standard Trippe Beam light and at some point in its history, someone replaced one of the lenses with what they could find...a "stop" lens from one of many different "stop"-printed lights available at that time. Not too many agencies utilized the stop aspect in their warning/emergency lighting. If anything, they had a police sign or maybe a stop sign of some sort, incorporated separately, such as MI state police on the hood.

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
I believe you have a standard Trippe Beam light and at some point in its history, someone replaced one of the lenses with what they could find...a "stop" lens from one of many different "stop"-printed lights available at that time. Not too many agencies utilized the stop aspect in their warning/emergency lighting. If anything, they had a police sign or maybe a stop sign of some sort, incorporated separately, such as MI state police on the hood.
I did some research in trying to find this style of light being used anywhere and nothing. The thing is a beast.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.