I bring a tribute to the rotating beacon gods

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky

I bring this tribute to the ELB halogen/rotating beacon gods. Lightbar was broken, so our temporary (well, turning into semi-permanent) solution is an old beacon off our old Ford cabover we just sold. Chief likes it, and we like it, so it's sticking around for a while. Surprisingly effective during the day actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JennyCop

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Which lightbar was on there before?

I'm not gonna lie...I do love the halogen rotator effect, but I'm only a fan of the rear ones (faster rotators)

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
pdk9 said:
Which lightbar was on there before?

I'm not gonna lie...I do love the halogen rotator effect, but I'm only a fan of the rear ones (faster rotators)

Was either a 48" or 52" Whelen Justice. We still have it, but it needs some new pieces before it can go back in service. I'm sure it will go back on at some point, even if the beacon is cool looking. But hey, the Chief likes it. Also, for those interested, I will get model #'s tomorrow.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
DJIceman97 said:
Was either a 48" or 52" Whelen Justice. We still have it, but it needs some new pieces before it can go back in service. I'm sure it will go back on at some point, even if the beacon is cool looking. But hey, the Chief likes it. Also, for those interested, I will get model #'s tomorrow.

Day time video? :)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I love this truck. Synched perimeter LEDs, rear halogen rotators.... adding the the front beacon is just the icing on the cake. I'd use this setup against any modern non-synched, mixed color blur fest.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Beacons and light bars with rotating lights have a much better 'flash' effect than blinking LEDs or strobe lights.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I won't lie, this is pretty epic. Equally epic IMO would be a pair of fast single-beam beacons like they do in Europe, and that'd also have the advantage of better defining the width of the truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.