I got a radio over the weekend...

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
... BUT I need to figure out what I have.

First here is what I know...

It's a mobile

Maxtrac

2 channel

NON remote head

The problem is part of the model number is obscured and I can not read the first 2 maybe 3 numbers.

What I can read is...

Model ???MJA93A5AK

Ser NO ???? de Serie:356TYG1040

I bought this at auction along with a bunch of other stuff that was in the box.

I know the first couple of numbers will tell me the frequency range and wattage.

I'm hoping that this radio was common to a specific frequency and wattage and I might be able to decipher the model...

Thanks

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Thanks.

Ok so I now know what I'm looking for I may have been able to decipher the model number.

It looks like D31MJA93A5AK

I'm 95% positive the 1 is correct and 40% positive on the 3 and 50% on the D

I'll look at it a little more closely tonight and let you know what I find.

Thanks

UPDATE! Confirming the number is ?51MJA93A5AK

I still cant tell the 1st digit or letter could be a "D" or a "B"

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
Probably a "D" & if the next 2 digits are 51 that would make it a 60 watt low band unit but to figure out the exact split your going to have to crack it open

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Yea I'm 99% positive it's 51 at this point as I know the 1 is right and the 5 is the only option that can go with the 1. I plan to crack it open and get the split this week. I've put power to it and it seems to power up just fine, looks to be programed for 1 channel though.

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
Where did you buy the radio? Would They know if its a lowband or not?

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
I bought it at an auction along with a couple other radios.

I haven't had a chance to open it up yet to check the band split but I'm 99% positive it is low band.

The other radios are a Kenwood with dual heads on UHF and another Moto that is also a Low Band, this one isn't powering up right now and is prob just a connection I'm missing. I believe this has the A9 head.

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Ok I finally got around to opening the radio up today and looked at the RF Board. This radio is nothing but problems for me but I was able to figure it out.

The number on the RF Board is HLB3050A and no that number doesn't match up with any of the numbers on Batlabs. I did however do a search and found the following...

HLB3050A is tanapa for a pa board for a low band maxtrac 42-50 mhz. Schematic in the manual and actual board number is HLB4107A. The difference is that the tanapa number includes hardware kit. (special mounting screws, washers, maybe capsule of heat grease, clips, Etc.
I looked up HLB4107A on Batlabs and again didn't find the board number however the board that matches the description is HLB4101A. The above information could be a typo or the person that posted this information could have read his schematics wrong. but I'm not sure...

In any event, I plan to test the radio to see if it works. If it does, I plan to post it for trade...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.