I need 48" lightbar with basic LED internal parts and red & blue lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
I have just been contacted by a television production company about furnishing a red and blue 48" lightbar for a police car in an unnamed show filming next week in the Dallas area, and I need some help.

Because the camera may or may not pick up certain types of flashes accurately, the bar will need all 3 types of lighting technology. I already have a Whelen Edge and a Whelen Patriot available that I can use and both currently have strobe and halogen internals, but they need some LED internals and they can be either outboard or inboard types. I also need red and blue lenses and a red and blue end cap (with or without alley windows) for either bar. If I can't get any of these, the fallback plan is to try to locate a basic barebones Whelen Liberty or Freedom with outboard LEDs only, and install the strobes and halogens from the Patriot or Edge in it, depending on type. However, I would be receptive to considering any similar bar that has outboard or inboard LED modules, as I have other types of strobes and halogen modules I can install in them.

The bar will be mounted on a 2005 Crown Vic and used at highway speeds in some scenes, so it must be reliable. They are not concerned about authenticity or period correctness of the bar but I want to make it as accurate as possible.

Please let me know what you have available, along with your shipped price, and I will let you know if it is acceptable. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
I do have red and blue lense and endcaps for the patriot bar
Please PM me with the quantity and lengths of the lenses, plus the shipped price for them, along with the 4 frame screws we discussed earlier. I already have a few 5" red lenses, just need some other reds and the blues to complete the bar.

As for the Patriot LEDs, I can go with either outboard or inboard, as I have the outer and inner strobes and halogens already.

Mar 11, 2015
Tennessee
I have the 400 series LEDs for the freedom in red and bue. I also have a new complete strobe / led bar in red blue if needed. Call me 901-626-5556 if interested. Thanks, Brian

image.jpg

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.