I realize I am really asking for it but here goes

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Ok, here it is. Our service truck is getting pretty long in the tooth, but it actually has very little use. It came with an Edge 9000 halogen/strobe bar, and has dual Whelen 700 series halogen flashers (They are actually the siren speaker with the 700 lighthead together) Also has several 700 series flush mounted perimeter warning lights, also halogen.

I have a couple of bulbs out and need to replace. I was THINKING of trying to use some red automotive brakelight LED bulbs, or MAYBE even get crazy and put a feniex T3 inside the housing instead. (Remove the lens and original bulb fixture, mount T3 to the reflector housing, and replace lens so it looks factory.

Thoughts? This is coming out of my pocket, so please keep that in mind.

thanks
Bob

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
I think he's looking for cheaper options because as he said, it's out of pocket.

I think I'd probably look into the led auto bulbs. Think that would be the most cost effective.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Go LED auto replacement bulbs. Try the ones from superbrighleds.com or any auto store of course.

T3s would be really bright but wouldn't fill the housing as well.

You said 700 housings...did you mean 400?

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
thanks for the input, its been kinder than I anticipated! :)

You are correct, its a combination of effectiveness and cost that compels me.

The bulbs, from what i can see, to directly replace them are more than $40 each. For a halogen bulb, are you kidding me?

Feniex T3's and others go for far less than that, and are more effective in my opinion. Plus I have a couple lying around.

I don't want to simply add them to the front bumper or grille and fenders while leaving the old Whelen lights in place. It's a nice looking truck and I can't do that to it.

They are definitely 700 series fixtures, there are two cast almuminum speakers mounted alongside a winch on the front, and recessed Flush mount lights mounted to the side on each fender.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.