Ideas for Future Install

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
I have an 06 Ram 1500. I planned out my set up last night and came up with this. Btw this is just a feeler for now and I'll be buying everything once at a time.

Front:

2 Whelen Slimlighter or interior lightbar

Slimlighter or Avenger on the dash (maybe).

D4 Dominator or 2 Tir3s on PB

LINZ6 on the side of PB

HLF

Side:

LINZ6 or Tir3s on the toolbox

Rear:

D8 Dominator or E66 in back window

Strobes in tail/reverse lights

Noise:

Unitrol Touchmaster Delta

Whelen 295HFSC9

Speakers will either be on the PB or behind the grill. Can you guys chime in and recommend anything different?

Maverick711

Jul 28, 2012
Missouri
Sounds like a great start. I would go with Haw leds instead of strobes since everything else is led and then you wont have to find a place for the strobe pack. Also put the speakers behind the grill makes for a much cleaner look.

emtfirebug

Jun 26, 2012
Monmouth County NJ
ive got an 02 dakota and i found that three soundoff mini phantoms in the top of the front window work great 1 on each edge and 1 in the middle. for the tool box id recommend code 3 xt6 split color and a 75 watt or 90 watt strobe supply or the whelen vertex led for the head and tail. heres my setup

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Maverick711 said:
I would go with Haw leds instead of strobes since everything else is led and then you wont have to find a place for the strobe pack.

Don't discount strobes just because everything else is LED. The performance of strobe inserts vs LED inserts is still far superior when using clear heads.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Go with an interior lightbar, the Slimlighters will have ridiculous flashback when mounted to the head liner. Also, TIR3s are too small for grill lights, I would go with something with a larger foot print like a Whelen 500 series or M7. I would put a set of surface mount Intersectors on the tool box.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio

The interior bar is for sale. Axxitech TA with controller red and white alternating. 300 plus shipping. As you can see it fits great in the truck. The whelen roof bar is for sale also. Pm for more info

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
After looking at other installs I've revised my set up..here it goes:

Front:

Star/SVP Starburst Phantom ULB24 (Red)

Whelen D6 Dominator on PB (Red)

Whelen UHF2150A HLF

Strobes in Turn Signals

Sides:

Whelen Slimlighters Behind B-Post or LINZ6 on Toolbox (Red)

AWL T3s or Whelen LINZ6 on the side of PB (Red)

Rear:

Strobesnmore Dual Color E66 (Red/Amber)

Strobes in Tail/Reverse Lights

AWL T3s on LP Bracket

Siren:

Dual Unitrol Omega 90's (4 AS124 Speakers)

Accessories:

Havis 18" Console

Federal Signal SW400SS Switchbox

Whelen CSP690

GoRhino PB

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
That looks like a good setup. The only thing I'd recommend would be LED hide aways instead of HAWs

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
tom said:
That looks like a good setup. The only thing I'd recommend would be LED hide aways instead of HAWs

Eric1249 said:
I agree on the LEDs in the tails vs strobes. Strobes are good, but there are more advantages of the LED's.

I considered LED Hide-a-Ways but I love the look of a strobe/LED set up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.