If you speak French - TV show on police

Paramedic

Oct 15, 2010
CAN
Guys, I don't know if anybody here speaks French, but here CBC/Radio-Canada made a TV show based extensively on SPVM/Montreal Police. They went on ride-alongs for three years (!) and they had extensive police training. It results in one of the most realistic police shows ever. The procedures might differ from those in the US, but it's really like that here.

If you want to watch it, all episodes can be streamed from Épisode 1 - Saison 1 - 19-2 - TOU.TV

rlarose

Mar 30, 2011
Toronto/ Canada
Paramedic said:
Guys, I don't know if anybody here speaks French, but here CBC/Radio-Canada made a TV show based extensively on SPVM/Montreal Police. They went on ride-alongs for three years (!) and they had extensive police training. It results in one of the most realistic police shows ever. The procedures might differ from those in the US, but it's really like that here.

If you want to watch it, all episodes can be streamed from Épisode 1 - Saison 1 - 19-2 - TOU.TV

yes I speak French I used to leave in Montreal lol

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
You got me excited but it won't play for me since I'm not in Canada, haha.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
19-2 is very nice!

I speak french and live in Montreal so if anyone wants to have some infos about that tv show, feel free to ask :)

It's very well played and realistic.

-The accute lightbar fan will notice that they have made a slight modification: we don't have intersection sweepers in our MX7000, and the sirens are sometime the wrong ones. We sometime hear old-fashioned FedSig PA20-ish sirens but we use Whelen here.

-The car "Police" logo has been changed too but besides that, they have made a very good job in the visual accuracy aspect.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Paramedic said:
SPVM doesn't use Whelen sirens. They use a Zone Technologies ZTEP-103 controller/siren.

They don't? Dang!

I don't argue with you but I really thought it was Whelen... Sounded like Whelen's 295HF100 (though I have seen Québec ambulances with Whelen sometime) I'll take your words for it ;)

Paramedic

Oct 15, 2010
CAN
toon80 said:
They don't? Dang!
I don't argue with you but I really thought it was Whelen... Sounded like Whelen's 295HF100 (though I have seen Québec ambulances with Whelen sometime) I'll take your words for it ;)

Urgences-Santé has Whelen sirens in their Ford ambulances, and Federal sirens in their Chevrolet ambos.

In fact, the Chevys have FS lighting all around, while the Fords have Whelen lights except for the front & rear lightbars which are FS EMS Escape lightbars.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bfpd108

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.