Info on new Whelen Dual Level L31 Beacon?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Dan I haven't heard anything about a new version. Dual color would be a neat option though. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for info

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I've seen the installation sheet PDF. It seems to have some different features, and missing others, like cruise while flashing. low power. Not sure about colors.

Last edited:

TJW

May 20, 2010
MB, Canada
I'm amazed that Whelen hasn't marketed this product as the municipal and provincial public works/DOT have been specing/using this product for the last five years at a minimum.... check out the videos for yourselves. They're an Amber over Blue configuration with separate switching for each colour. Amber and/or Blue are the legal colours for snow clearing in the Province of Manitoba. In the summer for regular road work they revert back to using strictly the Amber.

It kicks out a decent amount of light, I can't speak for price point but Dual colour/level L31 holds it's own with ease as seen in the videos (both day and night).

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.