Information needed: Code 3 Halogen to LED retrofit project

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I'm looking to replace several Code 3 41-series (3"x7") halogen perimeter lights with LED perimeter lights.

[Broken External Image]:http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7011/40series.png

I would very strongly prefer to use the existing bezels and housings, so I need something that will be a direct-fit replacement.

What does Code 3 offer for 3"x7" LED perimeter lights?

Does another vendor make 3"x7" LED perimeter lights that would match the existing screw holes exactly?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I believe any 3x7 LED will fit in the spot, but not for sure about the chrome flanges. Example: we upgraded my paid depts first out engine from Weldon halogens to Whelen 700 series super linear LEDs. Honestly, I can't remember if we used the same flanges or not, though.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The Prizm II lightheads look like a winner!

Has anyone seen them in person than can provide any input? Is it worth going with the 12 LED version over the 8 LED version?

I have done several retro-fit jobs for local departments, replacing Code3 Halogen 3x7's with Whelen 700 Series LED's. The 700 Series will fit both the Code3 flanges, and the CPI cast housings for the Code3 lights!

-Pete

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
wduda152 said:
I would stay away form the Code 3 led perimeter lights. The individual LEDs burn out, plus they make a hissing sound when they flash.
Are you talking about the first generation Code 3 perimeter LEDs, or the newer Code 3 Prizm perimeter LEDs?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Thanks! That's the impression I got from reading the literature. I'm thinking I'll try the 700-series Whelen LEDs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.