Install on Crown Vic. Excalibur, Radio,and whelen 295slsa6

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Not too bad. My preference would be for standard speed rotators and colored outer domes, and additional amber rear flashers, but whatever works, works.

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
Hate the lightbar wiring. I never understand why departments/people do that. There are already holes in the car, one more for a properly installed lightbar is not going to make a difference.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Put some loom over the wiring.

I have to agree that the harness of the lightbar should be through the roof. I know the Kansas State Police does harness down the windshield but its tacky and you are asking for someone to come along and fuck with it. One slice with a sharp object and you may not know that your lights are not functioning when you think they are in an emergency.

If you could get ahold of some secondary warning (LAW's/HAW's, wig-wags, etc) that would be cool also.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
FireEMSPolice said:
Put some loom over the wiring.

I have to agree that the harness of the lightbar should be through the roof. I know the Kansas State Police does harness down the windshield but its tacky and you are asking for someone to come along and fuck with it. One slice with a sharp object and you may not know that your lights are not functioning when you think they are in an emergency.

If you could get ahold of some secondary warning (LAW's/HAW's, wig-wags, etc) that would be cool also.

The KHP does that because they change out the cars at around 50,000 miles so that equates to about every 1 or so and it saves time by doing that, but yes it is ugly!

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
The wiring IN THE CAR will be loomed when finished. We are waiting on the Antenna and coax, and the power cable for the radio( Magicly dissappeared).

The wiring on the outside of the car. That is how the chief wanted it.

This was a PD car, but they NEVER have put any holes in the cars. Antennas are on trunk "L" brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
you can't beat free. It looks ok smiple but not bad by any means. I would drill for the bar but that is just me.

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
Yeah.. Small town politics. But it will suffice for now. it will be mainly used for the Chief/White Shirts, to use for PR events, training in other jurisdictions, Funerals, and for Pre-Plans and other stuff around town, that the Guys have to use their own POV's...

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Years ago I had my first Mobile installed in my POV. I didnt want to make holes, so I asked the installer to use a lip mount for the antenna. Water leaked into my trunk for the rest of the life of the car. Now I tell the installer make as many holes as you can, but do it right.

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
I completely agree.. My POV has both antennas drilled , and the wires ran in the cab through a hole.. but this is how he wanted it. Ive ALWAYS drilled NMO instead of using a mount, just because it gets a WAY better groundplane.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.