Install Question > 2012 Ford Explorer (Feniex Lights)

JohnFireFan

Jan 29, 2012
Louisiana
Will the Feniex Apollo Interior Lightbar fit inside a 2012 Ford Explorer? (Civilian Model, NOT PPV) Will the vehicle mount for the Ford Police Interceptor SUV fit the civilian model for this lightbar? Same questions for the Feniex Apollo Rear Interior Lightbar as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Yes, the Feniex Apollo Interior Lightbar will fit inside a 2012 Ford Explorer same for the brackets, it does not matter if it's the interceptor or the cilvillian model, it mounts the same in both. Feniex does not make an Apollo Interior Lightbar for the rear of the Explorer. If you want the Apollo's for the rear I would suggest waiting, if you can, for Feniex to release the Apollo Light Stick series, otherwise you could always get a Cobra Light Stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrlunchbox

JohnFireFan

Jan 29, 2012
Louisiana
How can I mount two Feniex Cobra T-6s in a new body style Ford Explorer grill?

One suggestion was using 3M Auto Grade Tape but I would like to hear how and/or see photos.

Thanks!

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
If it's got the honeycomb you're all set.  If it's got those god-awful thick horizontal slats, our installer used L-brackets and mounted 'em at the bottom of the grill, screwed down into the body.

Pics tomorrow if you really want 'em.

JohnFireFan

Jan 29, 2012
Louisiana
Thanks everyone for the input. Unfortunately, this install in the thick horizontal lines and NOT the honeycomb grill. Pictures would be great if you have them. You do not need to take apart the front bumper to get pics though. Thanks!

JohnFireFan

Jan 29, 2012
Louisiana
I have a 2012 Ford Explorer and I need lights on the trunk once it is lifted up. I only have a few options because my truck is ONLY outfitted with Feniex products... either the Feniex Cobra T-6s, the Feniex Cannons or the Feniex Apollos.

Which do you think is best to mount in this location? Can the light be surface mounted or does it need to be recessed in order to close the liftgate? (Color options are: Red and/or Amber)

Trunk Light Placement.jpg

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
I have a 2012 Ford Explorer and I need lights on the trunk once it is lifted up. I only have a few options because my truck is ONLY outfitted with Feniex products... either the Feniex Cobra T-6s, the Feniex Cannons or the Feniex Apollos.

Which do you think is best to mount in this location? Can the light be surface mounted or does it need to be recessed in order to close the liftgate? (Color options are: Red and/or Amber)

attachicon.gif
Probably cannons and more than likely recessed

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I would check your clearance. I know an Apollo won't fit there but if you can squeeze in a t6 that's what I would do. Or wait for the t3.

JohnFireFan

Jan 29, 2012
Louisiana
I would check your clearance. I know an Apollo won't fit there but if you can squeeze in a t6 that's what I would do. Or wait for the t3.
I will probably use a pair of Feniex Cobra T-6s recessed. I have never recessed any lights so how do I go about doing so? Razor blade and cut around the T-6 and hot glue the light in place from the rear?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I will probably use a pair of Feniex Cobra T-6s recessed. I have never recessed any lights so how do I go about doing so? Razor blade and cut around the T-6 and hot glue the light in place from the rear?
That is one way. 

Really just need to see what is behind the trim and how much clearance. I've also used rubber trim around the cutout to make it look cleaner. 

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio

attachicon.gif
Drill a 1 inch hole and back mount them. Silicone or small screw and nut to hold in place
How can I mount two Feniex Cobra T-6s in a new body style Ford Explorer grill?

One suggestion was using 3M Auto Grade Tape but I would like to hear how and/or see photos.

Thanks!
If this is the grille then you can use the 3M automotive tape on the top of the light and sandwich in the slatsuploadfromtaptalk1415929600004.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.