Installing Pimp Pods

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying either 2 pimp pods or 2 SOS LED3 on a license plate mounting bracket to place on my take home 2010 CV.

How difficult are they to install and run the wires?

I have never done anything like this before.

Right now my current set up is a slick top with the below mentioned lights:

HLF/TLF

FS ILS front/rear interior bar

2 FS Impaxx mounted on each side of the cage behind limo tint

SOS 4-head Ultralite (personally owned on lower dash)

I have seen 2 of our other units with the exact same lighting and from a distance during the brightest day, you can barely see the rear lights, so that is why I was thinking of adding the extra lighting.

I don't think that amount of lighting is adequate for a slick-top. I also put in a request for some SOS Intersectors since you cant see the Impaxx during intersection clearing behind the dark tint, but that got shot down.

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
Pimp Pods are some of the easiest lights on the market to install. One power, one ground, and one sync wire. Use your pattern wire to set the pattern and your done with it.

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
I have a full 2100 bar on my truck, FULL of Pimp pods, pods on my push bumper, side, rear, and now on my mirrors. Great light at a great price! Plus the 5 year warranty, and Burt is Very helpful, and always answers questions promptly... Although right now, he is in th middle of a move, so it may take him a few seconds longer.... ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.