Installing Whelen 9M Cruise Lights

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
I am looking at installing cruise lights on my Edge 9M. Aside from the having the cruise lights, what else do I need to install them? I assume the lights attach to the alley light. Is there a special bracket I need to attach them to the alley light module. Then the big question, where do I plug them into for power?

I don't have any of the parts yet, so if anyone can help me out with that, that would be great as well, but looking more at the installation at this point before I purchase everything.

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Get the kit from whelen. If its like the the 9U style (which I think it is), the lights come on metal brackets which slide into plastic groves in the endcap plastic. You will then plug the lights into a harness (supplied by W or you can make your own) and its plugs into the AUX port on the circuit board which will give you the 12vDC.

Its actually pretty simple. I might have an example pic somewhere, but will take me a couple of days to dig it up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.