Interior dual color bar for 2015 Durango Special Service?

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
What are the options for a dual color (red blue) interior font windshield bar, for a 2015 Dodge Durango?

Whelen has the Inner-Edge XLP for the Durango but it's only blue or red with white flood. Fed-Sig, Feniex, and Sound Off don't have a vehicle specific for the Durango. I really don't want to attempt a "universal fit" bar because this client is very OCD. ...more then me, and I'm bad.

You'd think there would be more options seeming it is a LE marketed vehicle.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
In many places that use red and blue for law enforcement, there are laws regulating that red belongs only on one side of the vehicle and blue belongs only on the other side. As a result, I suspect that there is relatively little demand for an interior light bar that is both red and blue all the way across.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The Dodge Charger Apollo bar will work with modifications. Check out TritonBoulders thread. He put one up in his

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I think a Split Charger or Split Ram Feniex Apollo would be your closest fit...  I got a Universal Split Pegasus for my '11 Durango and it was too universal...  I ordered a set of Charger mount brackets and only had to slightly modify the outer brackets and bend the inner brackets...  After modifying the bracket, I noticed that the Ram bracket was the one I should have ordered, since it looked like the bracket I modified...  lol

I also made a larger flash shield out of some ABS I had laying around just to ensure minimal flash back...

Also, if you order the Charger Apollo, you may not need to make a larger flash shield...  I'm told that the interior bars from Feniex have different "bodies" depending on the one you order...

Last edited by a moderator:

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
FWIW, I don't see much use for a dual color lightbar.  I purchased a Pinnacle Interior Bar that was configured with 9 LED's of the same color in each head.  It was dramatically brighter than the standard SOS interior bar that was had 6 LED's in each head.  I'd leave the colors on the same sides and go for punch.

Reactions: got_yogurt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.