Interior Lightbar: SVP or Feniex

NJ_EMT

Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey
I'm contemplating what interior lightbar I should get. Currently looking at the SVP StarBurst Phantom ULB24 or the Feniex Split Pegasus. Anyone have any opinions or views on which is better and why ? From what I've seen on youtube, there both nice, But I'm looking for a bar that's going to really get people's attention and has really good flash patterns.

Also, anyone know where I can buy this controller by Feniex ? I checked there site and many others and can't seem to find it.

http://glenbardsecurity.com/images/Olympian.jpg

smsales

May 21, 2010
West Michigan
NJ_EMT said:
I'm contemplating what interior lightbar I should get. Currently looking at the SVP StarBurst Phantom ULB24 or the Feniex Split Pegasus. Anyone have any opinions or views on which is better and why ? From what I've seen on youtube, there both nice, But I'm looking for a bar that's going to really get people's attention and has really good flash patterns.

Also, anyone know where I can buy this controller by Feniex ? I checked there site and many others and can't seem to find it.

I want to say that controller has been discontinued, If i remember correctly.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
NJ_EMT said:

The Olympian has been discontinued by Feniex for a while now.

The Feniex Pegasus in my opinion has better forward punch/throw while the Starburst does better off axis.

The Pegasus has ten heads and you can get up to four take downs. The Phantom has 8 heads and you can get two take downs. Both really are great interior bars, especially for the price.

What type of vehicle are you using it for?

NJ_EMT

Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey
FEVER said:
The Olympian has been discontinued by Feniex for a while now.

The Feniex Pegasus in my opinion has better forward punch/throw while the Starburst does better off axis.

The Pegasus has ten heads and you can get up to four take downs. The Phantom has 8 heads and you can get two take downs. Both really are great interior bars, especially for the price.

What type of vehicle are you using it for?

2012 Chevy Tahoe.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
NJ_EMT said:
typo, 2010 I meant ^^

Ah... same thing.. Good thing is there are vehicle specific brackets for those.

ClintonPSE

Mar 13, 2013
Clinton, IA
I have a Star ULB24 in my truck because I like the off axis warning it provides and I like the flash patterns (Disclosure: I also sell mostly StarSVP products). The Phantom is plenty bright enough for day or night and doesn't give much flashback off the windshield. Overall, I'd buy it again. It's REALLY easy to install too!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jared @ 911Lights said:
I'll add my $0.02, we carry both products and we also have a state-wide contract in New Jersey:thumbsup:

The STARBURST Phantom is the most Universal bar industry-wide, and the only bar that I can count on one hand the number of vehicle we have NOT been able to install it into. The controls on the bar means that you can have a cigarette plug without loosing functionality. The off-axis is great, and there are a wide variety of flash patterns (35) with a 2-output flasher, however if you set up the colors properly they look great (we are one of two companies authorized to customize them in-house).

The Feniex Pegasus has many more features and is the way to go if you want takedowns (but even still you really need exterior lighting if you are doing traffic stops). It has more flash patterns variety with a 10 output flasher and directional patterns. The Pegasus has more LEDs (6 per head vs. 3 per head) and is brighter, unfortunately it isn't anywhere near twice as bright. There are more vehicle specific mounts, but the universal is less universal than the Phantom.

Both great lights with their pluses and minus.

Unless you have your hands in the Apollo inner Lightbar the feniex Pegasus has four LEDs per head not six. But it does have two extra heads.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
No reason to be sorry. Just don't want him buying something expecting something and getting something else. It's the while point if the board

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
From the standpoint of someone who has seen them both coming at them due to word of Feniex getting out and around the cornfed land of Indiana, the Pegasus has a much better punch. However, like others have said, it doesn't have anywhere near the off-axis that the Phantom does. They both are quality products and well worth the money, so the LEOs and Battalion Chiefs have said.

I myself would go Feniex, ONLY because I have been wanting to get ahold of a Feniex light for my own vehicle. All in all, however, I don't believe you can go wrong with either.

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
codycat91 said:
Have you considered a SOS Pinnacle? I'm having great luck with mine

I had a customer the put his car with the Feniex Pegasus next his buddies car with the Sound off Pinnacle interior bar. The Pegasus blew the Pinnacle away in brightness but you are comparing two different optics though. I have personally had the Star visor ulb24 in my truck, and in my personal opinion go with the Feniex Pegasus you will be more happy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.