Interior Lightbars?

I own a inner edge and a stealth visor. I like them both they are very bright. I think either would do a great job just depends on how much you want to spend.

Klein said:
Thanks, Tango and Hawk. :)

. The price is not too bad either. More than a SV56 and IE less than ILS. For the money though, SV56 best bang, again. :)

I can beat or tie that price of an SV56 for a new Pinnacle. PM sent! :!:

fireman616wfd said:
thats what i was about to say... Those things are HUGE. Yea the light output is pretty dang good but geez its big, one of my friends purchased one to go in his slick top because he traded some stuff to a sales rep for it and it was a demo and he talks about how big it is.. Also if i remember correctly to change the patterns is a pain in the ass also.

Sound Off Pinnacle :!:

I actually like how pattern change is setup. From the ILS, there is a cable similar to CAT5 that goes to a box. The box has a set of dip switches for different things and then multiple wires coming out of the box for controlling lighting functions. To change the pattern: unplug the connector with the multiple wires, flip one of the dip switches to the opposite position it is in, plug it back in, turn on, press the pattern change button, find the one you like, turn off, unplug wires, flip dip switch, plug back in wires, done. Sounds complicated and drawn out but much easier to me.

Klein said:
I actually like how pattern change is setup. From the ILS, there is a cable similar to CAT5 that goes to a box. The box has a set of dip switches for different things and then multiple wires coming out of the box for controlling lighting functions. To change the pattern: unplug the connector with the multiple wires, flip one of the dip switches to the opposite position it is in, plug it back in, turn on, press the pattern change button, find the one you like, turn off, unplug wires, flip dip switch, plug back in wires, done. Sounds complicated and drawn out but much easier to me.

yea thats what we had to do with his... But Klein you know its easier to just have a pattern change wire :p

IMO, the pattern button should be on the actual light it self and not as a wire or on a control unit/brain. I do like the pattern change wire and the button way on the ILS. I am torn. :lol:

Here's some info on it:

Heres some picture of my departments new marked Dodge Challenger R/T. The vehicle painted in our departments nostalgic green and white markings is equipped with Lo-Jack receiver, In car camera, Computer, a Rumbler Siren which contains a subwoofer to aide in getting motorists attention, and alot of lights. Pictures don't do it justice, it looks awesome. The rear tail light housings alone contains 12 different L.E.D. modules !!! Feel free to PM if you have any questions, more pictures to come of the new Special Graphics Aggressive Driving Challenger soon to be debuted by Broward Sheriffs Office

awww.blogcdn.com_www.autoblog.com_media_2009_11_chal_bso_hi_002.jpg

ark_firefighter said:
Microman offers Gen 3 TIR style ... sure his arn't fancey, nor made custom for a ford or chevy...but they are cheep, bright, and built by American hands

http://www.micromanindustries.com

I'll second to this. as i have knowledge of them. very bright and effective. using in my car now and work better than the whelen and code 3 that i had in there prior. Aslo great customer service from Microman. +2 thumbs up!

I believe the SOS Pinacle is way above the rest; just a little behind it and a little bit less expensive is the 911EP CLS.

I will add this, all the vehicle specific bars are very very good in both brightness, ease of install and features. This is the Whelen, Sound Off, 911EP, etc... The Axixtech is a great bar but does not score high on my list with ease of install as the universal install kit does not work for most vehicles. Its very difficult to work with and 99% of the time we have to build custom brackets in order to get he unit to fit right in the vehicle. The light itself is a great light as are all the others that I mentioned.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNConstable