Intersection Lighting

Newton15

Oct 3, 2010
Michigan, USA
Looking for suggestions for some intersection lighting for a 99 Yukon Denali. Something that is cost effective and will get the job done. Saw the front license plate bracket on LED Outfitters and wondered if anyone had tried it.

NCICUSA

Jan 8, 2012
S. SHORE /LAKE ERIE/Oh
If using a roof mount, what colors will you be needing to have on the lightbar?

We have available, the full sized, 44" Vista from Federal.

They have the Intersection Sweepers, as well as several other functions.

Newton15

Oct 3, 2010
Michigan, USA
NCICUSA said:
If using a roof mount, what colors will you be needing to have on the lightbar?

We have available, the full sized, 44" Vista from Federal.

They have the Intersection Sweepers, as well as several other functions.

I have a 6105 mini bar on the roof in all red, I was looking for something down lower in front of the front wheels.

ff.brent20

Nov 1, 2011
Butler, WI
If your lookig for a good intersection warning, I would highly suggest corner strobes or corner LED's depending on what you would prefer. I'm unsure what other peoples opinions are, but I have had nothing but good luck with mine, and have heard nothing but good things from the people I have installed for. I have also had many people who have bought new vehicles that didn't put there strobes back in wish that they would have. So if your looking for something bright and effective my best suggestion would be to go with corner strobes.

chiefolson

Jul 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Look at the Tomar RECT-14 lightheads. I've started installing them as intersection lights on our SUVs. I have some installed on Setina bars (amber vertical, as in picture) and two of them mounted above one another (red and amber) on the Suburbans. Great light power from a small lighthead that has a very low profile against the body. And they can be had for a pretty good price.

P2171154.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 25, 2012
USA.. MI./IN. boarder
Newton15 said:
Looking for suggestions for some intersection lighting for a 99 Yukon Denali. Something that is cost effective and will get the job done. Saw the front license plate bracket on LED Outfitters and wondered if anyone had tried it.

Look at the new Sound Off intersection Led. Model #ENT2B3(x), under the mirror mount... work great.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Storm4200 said:
yes it is. it just isn't front bumper mounted intersection warning.

Anything mounted on your side mirror is not TRUE intersection warning since the light will 4-5+ feet away from an intersection... But I'm not going into the whole explaination that I've stated numerous times here on the board.

Well, what the heck, I dug up one of them...

TritonBoulder47 said:
You guys still aren't understanding the term "intersection warning"... As in warning when you are entering or "nosing into" an intersection... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my MirrorBeams, and the SOS Intersectors are a sweet looking light, but they aren true intersection warning... MirrorBeams and Intersectors are technically Mid-Level warning. True intersection warning is something mounted as far forward as you can... Depending on your mirrors, they are a good 4+ feet behind your front bumper, therefore are not very productive as intersection warning...

Last edited by a moderator:

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Jared @ 911Lights said:
I personally think the 45 degree bracket on the push bumper are the most effective intersection warning money can buy. SVP and FedSig both make them for their lightheads, and you can use the whelen U-mounts to effectively do the same thing.

-Jared

Tomar and Feniex make such brackets, as well. Just sayin'.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i have a pair of Tomar RECT14s that just recently got bumped out of the grill for the Chameleons. It looks like I'm gonna mount them vertically on the sides of my push bumper, just like that. The optics aren't very linear. Ive tried it both ways. ill get pics one day.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.