Is eLightbars dying out?

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Ya know what. I will say this about this forum....and I think this is important to know the difference....

IT IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ATMOSPHERE!!

The two worlds couldn't be further apart. Facebook groups are full of opinionated assholes and egos that have to chime in their opinion about everything, and when someone disagrees. .....look out. Someone's getting banned. Being able to comment more freely on there is a detriment to groups. Arguments can escalate quick.

Or new guys asking questions are flamed by multiple users for being stupid. No, they are just new and need our help, not sarcasm.

Not so here. I think that's what made me want to come back here. I've never had an issue here. You guys are a good group and it's just a better place to get solid resources.

The two recent things that did it for me was getting banned from a pistol group for sharing my opinion that didn't jive with everyone else. I got flamed and I was the one to get banned.

Then as you know I am the owner of the Unity RV26 group.....I had a new guy come in and want info about his frozen up light. He wanted to sell it. He got nothing but rude comments, so he deleted his post and left the group. Of course this happened before I could see the posts or do anything about it.

Point is, that doesn't happen here. And I won't let that happen in my Unity Group. I think you guys are far better than Facebook.

Be safe everyone.
Your most definitely rite Facebook really isn't a very pleasant place to seek help in many cases you get keyboard laddios that just shoot off their foolishness or post dumb meems or other non useful stuff and not even attempt to help elightbars.org is a great example of a welcoming group of people who are eather users of the equipment or enthusiasts and collectors who all have experience with all types of equipment from a host of brands and even el cheapo Chinese stuff anyone needing help with equipment or looking for equipment, installs, among other things seeing others setups without being criticized getting ideas for placement and so on this is some reasons why I like it here vs places like Facebook

Reactions: unityrv26

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Your most definitely rite Facebook really isn't a very pleasant place to seek help in many cases you get keyboard laddios that just shoot off their foolishness or post dumb meems or other non useful stuff and not even attempt to help elightbars.org is a great example of a welcoming group of people who are eather users of the equipment or enthusiasts and collectors who all have experience with all types of equipment from a host of brands and even el cheapo Chinese stuff anyone needing help with equipment or looking for equipment, installs, among other things seeing others setups without being criticized getting ideas for placement and so on this is some reasons why I like it here vs places like Facebook
He's absolutely correct, unless you came here to get into an argument....

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
The social Media defection has hit all message boards, as younger generations get into niche subjects covered by them. Another example is PBNation. I have been a Paintball guy since 1992, and been a member there since 2001. On Urban Dictionary, the definition of PBNation was at one time "A Paintball based message board, where on any night you will find 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and another 5,000 teenagers calling each other gay"
I used to B/S/T and get great deals, and interact with the community, but because the older members are giving up the sport, and the younger generations are so stuck on Facebook Marketplace, I probably have not logged in within the last 18mo.

I wouldnt be here on elb without @Bvfa23. Ive been majorly absent since he left me to go play real firefighter in Memphis, and stopped doing installs under our banner. Most of the jobs I do for Cornerstone are new equipment, so digging for used or vintage equipment is mostly a thing of the past for me. However, we do have a '40's Diamond-T coming up, which will have me digging here, since FachBook is full of Dicks and Scammers...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Ya know what. I will say this about this forum....and I think this is important to know the difference....

IT IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ATMOSPHERE!!

The two worlds couldn't be further apart. Facebook groups are full of opinionated assholes and egos that have to chime in their opinion about everything, and when someone disagrees. .....look out. Someone's getting banned. Being able to comment more freely on there is a detriment to groups. Arguments can escalate quick.

Or new guys asking questions are flamed by multiple users for being stupid. No, they are just new and need our help, not sarcasm.

Not so here. I think that's what made me want to come back here. I've never had an issue here. You guys are a good group and it's just a better place to get solid resources.

The two recent things that did it for me was getting banned from a pistol group for sharing my opinion that didn't jive with everyone else. I got flamed and I was the one to get banned.

Then as you know I am the owner of the Unity RV26 group.....I had a new guy come in and want info about his frozen up light. He wanted to sell it. He got nothing but rude comments, so he deleted his post and left the group. Of course this happened before I could see the posts or do anything about it.

Point is, that doesn't happen here. And I won't let that happen in my Unity Group. I think you guys are far better than Facebook.

Be safe everyone.
You also won't be banned for posting gun stuff here. The site isn't perfect, but it's also not ridiculously nazistic with what they allow. The mods just try to keep things organized the best they can.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
You also won't be banned for posting gun stuff here. The site isn't perfect, but it's also not ridiculously nazistic with what they allow. The mods just try to keep things organized the best they can.
Or for expressing political opinions that are decidedly NOT to the left.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Good to see Jman has made an appearance. I am coming back from my "isolation" from the Kung-Flu, so I have been living in the dark ages until just recently.

First off.. Happy New year! GTFO 2020!

I see some valid points, 1.) social media.. this is true, forums have taken a hit but they still exist.
2.) Site maintenance and upkeep. Yes and No.. I don't want to step on any toes but elb is not a particularly big site, and going by what public analytical data is out there site views have taken a hit when you look at trends. But site visits are still high enough that Ad revenue should be enough to off-set a good chunk of day to day operating costs. There are ways to tighten the proverbial belt for web site hosting, hardware costs if hosting on your own servers.. vs hosting 3rd party. Just about all of the larger web hosts offer some highly competitive pricing bundles for fully 3rd party hosted solutions. @Jman423 re-evaluate your Google Ad-sense relationship, while they are one of the biggest in the ad revenue market, they are also one of the crappiest and are getting even crappier in 2021.

Creating a forum is incredibly simple these days, its at the point where it literally for lack of a better term is "turn-key" with a fully hosted solution you could go from zero to online within an hour or less. Customization and porting over any data is what takes the largest chunk of time. And TBH in many ways @OSP959(R) is correct you can operate a forum with minimal investment and have it be functional.. it all depends on what direction you want to take.

And that is enough of that.. Mods keep doing that voodoo.. that you do so well.

Rob

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Cartman!

• Haha
Reactions: Dave F

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
A google search for a part lead me here.... haven't logged in in ages.... was met with a PM from a guy who messaged me every year to tell me the site sucks, despite the fact I haven't replied in years. Some things never change.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
A google search for a part lead me here.... haven't logged in in ages.... was met with a PM from a guy who messaged me every year to tell me the site sucks, despite the fact I haven't replied in years. Some things never change.

Welcome back, John! How have you been?

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Then surely you saw my messages about the Nighthawk :)

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA

i specifically asked you not to reveal details about our private conversations sir

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
  • Haha
Reactions: Dave F

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
sucks? nope wasnt my message then..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.