is that..are those..do you think maybe their.... nah cant be

it sure does look like it,except for where the door is and it appears to be Whelen 9100 series lightbars :shock: hey Ryan,imagine if they were twinsonics all the way around :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. Seems like I've seen that somewhere else. Tulsa, OK, maybe? Maybe Oklahoma City?

That would be the coolest thing evah!!!!!

I believe those were known as Edge Plus bars (install PDF link). If I recall correctly, EMSA, in Oklahoma City, used to have their ambulances equipped with Edge Pluses all around.

Laurens County (SC) EMS had a unit with a lightbar like that. I didn't get to see it in its hay day, it was in a junkyard when I seen it. I was getting some of the internals out of it.

The design is called the "Tulsa Wrap" it used when 4500 series frames. Now they have gone LED.

If memory recalls the CEO of EMSA designed the lights and sold the idea to whelen, rare to see outside of Tulsa and Oklahoma City metro areas.

I use to work for EMSA and these were a bitch to work on...18 strobes to check day in day out.

Here is a different take on the same concept.

sidelights1.jpg

sidelights2.jpg

sidelights3.jpg

OMG i would love to drive that unit nice! :cool:

Good lord, can you say "fiscally irresponsible" :roll:

ryanm said:
Yep. Seems like I've seen that somewhere else. Tulsa, OK, maybe? Maybe Oklahoma City?

I seem to remember ambos on the scene after the Oklahoma City bombing with lights mounted like that.

Look at the unit in the top right photo, pretty wide for your average ambulance bar...

http://www.emsaonline.com/aboutemsa.html

Rofocowboy84 said:
How the hell can it have 134k miles and be called "pretty much brand new". IIRC, most ambulances don't get that many miles per year, as most runs are just short "jaunts"....

Not sure where you live, but most ambulances around me rarely have the engines shut off. And im in a rural area. 20 miles to the closest hospital (more like a first aid stand) 45 miles to the closest real hospital. Needless to say, it doesnt take long to get the miles and engine hours racked up around here.

CenTexPSE said:
Not sure where you live, but most ambulances around me rarely have the engines shut off. And im in a rural area. 20 miles to the closest hospital (more like a first aid stand) 45 miles to the closest real hospital. Needless to say, it doesnt take long to get the miles and engine hours racked up around here.

True that! Dallas units generally run up 100,000 in 2/3 years. 134K on a 7.3 is like new for some of these private BLS cheapo owners!

CenTexPSE said:

You're right, I guess I'm spoiled from working on the Main Line, where there's an ambulance company every 5 miles and a REAL hospital every 10....

I have some pics of the old EMSA wrap at home on that computer.... I'll post em tomorrow.

Emsa old wrap

emsaold2.jpg

emsaold.jpg

emsaleaving_m.jpg

emsa1d.jpg

emsa1c.jpg

emsa1b.jpg

emsa1a.jpg

EMSA1.png

The "half wrap" is more common

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwrap1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwrap2.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwarp3.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwarp4.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwarp5.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwrap5.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwarp6.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwarp7.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwarp8.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwrap6.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_halfwarp9.jpg

nwiamedic said:
John,

Thanks for posting my MS Paint drawing... I uploaded that to Firepics a loooooong time ago, lol. And actually had forgotten all about it.

Its great, I though it was from EMSA.

... I'm going to vote 'no' on these.

looks like a modern day Ghostbusters response unit... :lol:

I think they should put mid level warning not just a wrap around lightbar. I think Their new LED setup is very nice. I like how they have blue foward. i hope one day NY will allow emergency vehicles to have blue forward , now we can have just Red and White.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381