Is there a way to change siren to recordings

cellphonemedics

Jul 8, 2010
Missouri USA
I have a ambulance being used for advertising purposes. The unit is complete with sirens and lightbars however I am attempting to change the sirens to different sounds such as ringtones found on cell phones. Does anyone have a suggestion on how this can be accomplished? The only thing I have thought of so far is to hook up a cd player with the tones and broadcast over the system. Problem there is I cannot select the tones as I desire (or the goof that is driving the rig).

May 21, 2010
Bolingbrook Illinois
If the siren head unit has Radio ReBroadcast. You could broadcast the ringtones from an iPod or other MP3 player. If you have a PA on the siren, worst case scenario, key the PA Mic next to the speaker from an iPhone or iPod touch. For greater detail on how to use the radio Rebroadcast idea, We'll need more info on what kind of siren is in the Ambulance.

John

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
I'm still trying to figure out why you would want to play a recording rather than the actual tones that come with the siren.

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
dynastar666 said:
They're the "Cell Phone Medics" and use an ambulance for "advertising purposes." :roll:
I still don't get it. lol

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
cutiger said:
I'm still trying to figure out why you would want to play a recording rather than the actual tones that come with the siren.

Because they're not using the ambulance for it's intended (legal) purpose. Technically they should remove all warning equipment, since it is no longer in service as an emergency vehicle.

cellphonemedics

Jul 8, 2010
Missouri USA
Legally I do not need to remove the equipment. I cannot use it while the rig is moving unless in a controlled situation (parade). I do need to remove certain color lights however when they are used in combination (blue/red). Anyway, I am still hoping for someone to suggest an alternative to the mic over speaker. Or if someone knows of a piece of equipment that I can buy. thanks to all of you that have posted and I really dont understand why I dont want to use the sirens either. Unless I want to get the attention of the crowd and not scare the crap out of them. I failed CPR

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
Did you honestly fail cpr? High school students can pass cpr classes.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
cellphonemedics said:
Legally I do not need to remove the equipment. I cannot use it while the rig is moving unless in a controlled situation (parade). I do need to remove certain color lights however when they are used in combination (blue/red). Anyway, I am still hoping for someone to suggest an alternative to the mic over speaker. Or if someone knows of a piece of equipment that I can buy. thanks to all of you that have posted and I really dont understand why I dont want to use the sirens either. Unless I want to get the attention of the crowd and not scare the crap out of them. I failed CPR

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n83_unlisted8495_Forum_threadfailure.png

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n83_unlisted8495_Forum_edfafacb.jpg

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n83_unlisted8495_Forum_Keep_Posting___Im_Reloading.jpg

Seriously, remove ALL the lighting equipment, reread this post, since someone already mentioned RADIO REBROADCAST- which most ambulance sirens have, change the graphics to something that does NOT look like an ambulance if you FAILED CPR.

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
Unlisted that was really funny.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.