Wanted ISO Signal VP Siren - Model SS730 - Replacement Siren for an in-service Ambulance

Hello,

My local EMS Unit has an ambulance out-of-service for a bad siren, and they have had no luck finding one on the secondary market. The control head is cut into the doghouse, and they really don't want to completely rewire for a different siren at this point if they can help it, since the unit in question is either going to be sold or placed in inactive reserve in the next 6 months. Unfortunately, they already have one unit out of service for an extended time due to issues with the DEF system, and only have one unit left covering the entire county, so getting this one repaired is a priority.

Apparently the SVP SS730 as shown isn't readily available any more from the company. If anyone knows where they can get one, either from a front-end dealer or one from one of us, it would be greatly appreciated!! I told them I'd try some of my connections, hence here I am LOL.

They need the siren listed above, and shown in the photo attached. They found two, each on relatively shady "auction" sites, and both sellers flaked on them, luckily before sucking them for any money.

Attachments

• siren.jpg
    siren.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
You might also check into the Carson line of siren. I believe this SVP was a direct compete with Carson. SA-441…

Also any installer worth their weight should be able to pretty easily retrofit a remote siren…

Worst case leave the existing remote head, Rob the wiring harness and put a toggle switch siren with wail n yelp in and be done with it.

Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.