Israel Airport Scene

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
I don't know how many of you follow the international news, but yesterday a plane headed to Newark NJ had to make an Emergency landing in Israel. The planes landing gear was stuck, and the Israel Emergency Services was bracing for the worst for the 240 passengers aboard. They put together 80 Ambulance crews at the airport. Its pretty amazing to see what a country the size of NJ can put together in 2 hours.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Thats better and faster than any State here in the US can do in 2 hours i promise you that.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
That's because every one of them is a trained EMT, they all belong to Hatzolah and they all own, at the very least, a QRS equipped vehicle. lol

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
thats epic. who ever that was in charge deserves a good pat on the back and should teach a critical incident class

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Man, that's an awful lot of blinkies!!!

Paramedic

Oct 15, 2010
CAN
Here in Canada, when we go inside an airport, emergency lights are ON when the vehicle is moving, and OFF when it is not. From the perspective of the aircraft's pilot, it's going to be very blinding to see all these lights.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
On that second video, (sea of lights), I'd hope they'd bring a medic unit just for the ELB collector/passenger who gets a heart attack seeing all those lights!

Back to the original topic, I can't help but think what would happen if someone just sneezed somewhere in Israel? Or a paper cut?

paro22

Jul 12, 2010
USA NY
LLS said:
They put together 80 Ambulance crews at the airport.

I can't believe how many resources they mobilized for an Alert 2 situation...here in the US, the most (non-airfield) units I've seen called in are a few engine/truck and Rescue companies, and maybe 5 or so ambulances.

Very, very impressive...but they walk a thin line before crossing to overkill. Is this the standard response to every Alert 2 at TLV? I hope (and assume they do) use these incidents more as training exercises - because, as other posters have mentioned, Israel definately has their share of "MCI's". Great practice to pull and coordinate resources, back coverage, etc...instead of the unrealistic mandated airport drills.

I was particularly impressed with the staging - each agency had their own dedicated parking area (EMS, Fire, and PD); - and also the amount & availability of airport operations resources (airstairs, tugs, baggage handlers, personnel, etc)

Really neat to see.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.