It happened to me.

NHEMTI

May 21, 2010
New Hampshire
My light bar was stolen off of my roof last night while it was parked in a parking lot next to our ambulance bay. Obviously a crime of opportunity as they yanked at the wire until it ripped. The icing on the cake being the lightbar was a birthday present from my grandmother, who passed away Jan. 28. It is amazing the level of douche people can sink to.

My new policy, light isn't on the car unless I am in the car. It'll be annoying but seems necessary.

That sucks bro... I'm assuming you have reported it... do you know if there were any security cameras in the area...?

As soon as I found out I reported it. Our local LEOs are awesome and came down right away to get info. There is a bar next door to the parking lot but their camera faces a different direction. I am keeping an eye on craigslist for now.

it makes sense that they will take it quite seriously, NH is a red state for vollies, yes?

someone playing woo-woos is not something anyone wants, lightbar theft is a serious crime that leads to potentially more serious crimes.

TritonBoulder47 said:
That cool that the LEO's were so quick... Dont forget eBay too... What type of bar was it...?

Responder LP Lin 6

mr. awesome said:
it makes sense that they will take it quite seriously, NH is a red state for vollies, yes?

someone playing woo-woos is not something anyone wants, lightbar theft is a serious crime that leads to potentially more serious crimes.

Yeah, we are a red state. I would love to see the person try lighting up in our town though. He'd be nabbed pretty quick.

A friend of mine here got his R2LP stolen not long after he installed it. It happened to be that it was a guy from a neighboring company that did it... I hate to say it, but keep an eye on your local departments also...

Last edited by a moderator:
Man people are really starting to steal lightbars now! Damn i had mine stolen and so have a couple of other people one the forum in the past month or two! Shit is getting bad, next thing you know they'll be stealing antennas and grill lights!!!

TritonBoulder47 said:
A friend of mine here got his R2LP stolen not long after he installed it. It do happen that it was a guy from a neighboring company that did it... I hate to say it, but keep an eye on your local departments also...

I am going to discuss notifying other local chiefs with my chief tomorrow.

I never leave a magnet lightbar on my truck unless it is on or I am in the truck. I rarely ever use it, but I spent allot of money on it. With all this theft I have seen over the last year posted here on ELB, I took a picture of my lightbar and the bottom with the S/N and model for quick identification. If it ever was stolen, I have a way to identify it if the police find it or I may see it listed for sale some place.

Might be worth leaving an identifying sticker, mark, or engraving on the inside or bottom of the equipment so you can identify it as 'yours'. I've done that in the past to some of the equipment I've owned. This includes lightbars, radio, and other various equipment. :thumbsup:

If you guys have an extra pair of wires or at least one wire, you can wire it to an alarm or a horn that would sound if the wiring is cut.

Sorry to about your light. We had one stolen off one of our trucks the other day.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381