Jeep Grand Cherokee wiring help

gpod

May 21, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I am a little stuck with wire routing. I am trying to run the two wires for my siren speaker on my 2012 Grand Cherokee. I know it is a long shot but if anyone has a tip on where to run the wires from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment, the help would be appreciated. 2012, 2011 JGC and 2012, 2012 Durango should have the same or similar setups.

ff.brent20

Nov 1, 2011
Butler, WI
gpod said:
I am a little stuck with wire routing. I am trying to run the two wires for my siren speaker on my 2012 Grand Cherokee. I know it is a long shot but if anyone has a tip on where to run the wires from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment, the help would be appreciated. 2012, 2011 JGC and 2012, 2012 Durango should have the same or similar setups.

The best tip I can give you is to take it somewhere to have a hole drilled for you. I would suggest 1-2 inches depending on the amount and size of wires your sending through. I personally have done a 2010 grand cherrokee and will tell you that will be your best bet. I took it to a local installer and had the hole drilled. It cost $20.00 and I will say it was the best decision I've made.

Bfat567

Feb 20, 2011
Hudson Valley NY
ff.brent20 said:
The best tip I can give you is to take it somewhere to have a hole drilled for you. I would suggest 1-2 inches depending on the amount and size of wires your sending through. I personally have done a 2010 grand cherrokee and will tell you that will be your best bet. I took it to a local installer and had the hole drilled. It cost $20.00 and I will say it was the best decision I've made.

I would have to agree, as Grand Cherokees are a pita to get threw the firewall. When i had mine i went threw the fender well. OP if you do decide to go this route a car stereo install shop could also do it for you. If you decide to tackle it yourself, you could try tracing the hood release wire and putting a slit in that grommet with a razor blade. That would work if you only feeding two wires threw. Just remember to protect your wires!

:bonk:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.