Jeep Wrangler

ebergsten

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Just wanted to get some ideas for light set up in a 2009 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door. I would like to be able to removed the hard top during the summer so I do not want to mount anything to the interior hard top. Any ideas let me know.

A four door is not a real Jeep. Just to let you know. What I have in my real Jeep an 01 is a duel avenger above the rearview mirror, mounted with 3M e-zpass tape. I would put some grill lights between the slots. Rear is hard it would have to be surface mounted to the bumber or the body.

Here is what I did to my TJ, which of course is only 2 doors (a real jeep). In a previous version, I installed two HAWs in the reverse portions of my OEM taillights.

ai59.photobucket.com_albums_g317_agrieger_Jeep_Jeep_1.jpg

ai59.photobucket.com_albums_g317_agrieger_Jeep_P4030100.jpg

ai59.photobucket.com_albums_g317_agrieger_Jeep_P4030102.jpg

ai59.photobucket.com_albums_g317_agrieger_Jeep_P4030096.jpg

ebergsten said:
Just wanted to get some ideas for light set up in a 2009 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door. I would like to be able to removed the hard top during the summer so I do not want to mount anything to the interior hard top. Any ideas let me know.

FRONT:

--Grille: 2 ghosts or tir6 in bet. the slots

--B/W tir6 slimlighter for the dash (i usually don't like tir lights on the dash due to flashback, but the wrangler windshield is not very angled at all, so i think the TIRs will punch through nicely here without problems) AND/OR 2 ghosts clipped onto the hood

SIDE:

--10-75 bracket w/ blue ghosts

REAR:

--2 vertex in rear light housings

--2 ghost or led3 mini (1 amber and 1 blue) surface mounted

ebergsten said:

Can you post pics of your actual Jeep so everyone can see exactly what is looks like, as well as what it does and does not have on it? That might help everyone out on what to recommend for your exact vehicle specifically.

Hey Alex what did you mount the HAWs in the tail lights to? That little piece of metal that seperates the brake and reverse light? Did it work well?

NJEMT said:
Hey Alex what did you mount the HAWs in the tail lights to? That little piece of metal that seperates the brake and reverse light? Did it work well?

Yup, exactly. At the time I wasn't doing any major off road driving so the vibration was minimal and I didn't have a problem with the strobe bulb making contact with the regular bulb. It worked pretty well and without having a true reflector, the strobe was very bright.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381