Jeeps!

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
interesting to see all the fire depatment configurations.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
These two jeeps...

GVFC | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

...are the same two in this video :)

The one on the right in the above pic link had the single 14 beacon replaced with the mini-Edge and CP-25 speaker (and possible Director/Interceptor siren) replaced with a Whelen siren system.

upnorth896

Dec 13, 2011
MI
Just can't beat the old CJ's. The flat-head four's would go forevere. Would be nice having a Rubicon for a brush truck though.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
This is hands down my favorite thread on ELB EVER!! I'm a huge Jeep freak and I love Jeep history. Every time I go to a rural FD for a service call or something and find an old J-truck with a brush skid on it I freak out and take pictures. SO many J-trucks are still in service these days. One local department has a CJ-8 grass rig still in service.

I love the J-trucks, M715's and all the FC's in the original link. I think I may have had an accident in my pants many, many times. Except for the stupid lego pictures...

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Ben E. said:
This is hands down my favorite thread on ELB EVER!! I'm a huge Jeep freak and I love Jeep history. Every time I go to a rural FD for a service call or something and find an old J-truck with a brush skid on it I freak out and take pictures. SO many J-trucks are still in service these days. One local department has a CJ-8 grass rig still in service.

I love the J-trucks, M715's and all the FC's in the original link. I think I may have had an accident in my pants many, many times. Except for the stupid lego pictures...

Yea, but those are the only one that most of us can afford! LOL

EngCo4

Oct 12, 2010
USA Virginia
Here's mine...

1957 Willys-Overland Jeep

Purpose-built from the frame up from two

derelict Jeeps! All original Jeep pieces, motor

and drivetrain-running gear. All FD equipment

is period-correct. Beacon is actually a 1960s.

Box in rear contains HazMat spill kit, First-Aid

kit, chains, chocks and small tools.

FD Utilty 4 Front View.JPG

FD Utility 4 Rear View.JPG

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.