For Sale Jetsonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelton

Jun 8, 2016
Mesa az
i have a jet sonic rotator asking 100 I am in Phoenix Az the bar is red and blue but the bar is set up for adding other lights. Build in relay in the bar. The siren box is in good shape just missing the back panel Pm me for more information.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 48

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
FYI. Not to troll you, but that is not the first generation of the jet. The first generation had the rotors directly behind each other. They were not off-set as shown in yours. Also, the original bar came standard with the relay board that stopped the rotors and made them flash.

Edit to clarify, the black box is a relay box, but it controls the accessories(ie alleys, TD, flashers, etc). The relay board was an exposed board that controlled the rotors only.

I have messed with so many of the jet series, it is not a joke.

Oh and free bump :)

Last edited:

Shelton

Jun 8, 2016
Mesa az
According to federal signal that one is the first generation because if you look that black box next to it is the relay box so yes that is the first generation one

Shelton

Jun 8, 2016
Mesa az
And I'm sorry but I've dealt with enough federal signal light bars I also know that is the first generation lightbar I've had other friends that have them that looked at mine and said that is the first generation one

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Further, in case there is any doubt as to the authenticity of the dates printed in each of the manuals, look closely at the listed locations.

The 1983 manual states:
Federal Signal Corporation, Signal Division, 2645 Federal Signal Drive, Park Forest South, Illinois 60466​

The 1985 manual states:
Federal Signal Corporation, Signal Division, 2645 Federal Signal Drive, University Park, Illinois 60466​

The town changed its name from Park Forest South to University Park in 1984, which should serve to doubly prove that the 1983 JetSonic manual with the back-to-back rotators must be older than the 1985 JetSonic manual with the offset rotators.

Reactions: StEaLtH2 and Tony P

Shelton

Jun 8, 2016
Mesa az
I like to keep the light but looking for Amber filters. And need a center dome. Modifie it and add a led work light in it

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
I like to keep the light but looking for Amber filters. And need a center dome. Modifie it and add a led work light in it
Is this for sale then or not? We have a section for wanted parts, a for sale ad is not the proper place to solicit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.