Jetstream question

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Looking for information on what interior hieght between the base frame and lens? Thinking of picking one up to play with but only if I can find this info out. Thanks in advance.

Ray M

Aug 2, 2011
Phillipsburg,Nj
Were, Would you like the measurement from center , outside edge by lens holders I know that 400 and 700 series light heads will fit on the frame by the lenses. look in the custom light bar thread there are pics of one that i built a few years ago using the above mentioned light heads.Hope this helps ,Ray.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
I'd say in the center of the frame, measure 2.5" to the front and then see if there is 4.5" of clearance before the dome starts curving down? I may in up having to do something else, not sure. Thanks Ray for your help. Joe.

Ray M

Aug 2, 2011
Phillipsburg,Nj
Car 54, Here are the measurements that i came up with using an NYPD Mini Jet. Center of frame 4 inches from rotators mounting to inside edge of dome. 2.5 inches to the front gave 3.25 inches and to the rear gave 3.125 inches. The 2.5 inches you requested brought you to the outer flange of the frame itself . The jet frame offers many possible upgrades, many on the forum have done different things its all up to you and your imagination. Hope this helps and god luck with your project,Ray.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
25CK117

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.