Kent's Siren Repair Shop

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
@MtnMan I have my GE that we discussed via email on its way to you via USPS. Finger's crossed it isn't too big of a headache for you to get up and running

Crownfire

Kent, I sent you a GE Powercall and a Federal Director in a large flat rate box a couple of weeks ago. Been trying to reach you by email. Did the sirens arrive OK.
Thanks
Don Jarvis

OP
OP
MtnMan

MtnMan

Kent, I sent you a GE Powercall and a Federal Director in a large flat rate box a couple of weeks ago. Been trying to reach you by email. Did the sirens arrive OK.
Thanks
Don Jarvis
Hi Don. I replied by email on Oct 24. Your sirens are here and they’ll be next on the repair bench. Thanks for your business!

8E PPD

Hi MtnMan. I have a GE Powercall siren circa 1980. When it's turned on, you can barely get a tone from the speaker. You can hear it, but it's only a whisper. I would like to get you to look at it. I have it attached to a 24 volt system on an 85 AMG 5 ton truck that my organization uses for parades. It worked fine up until a couple months ago. Can you contact me at fmb2675@comcast.net?

Safetyman

Established Member
Hi Kent ,
Wondering if you repair Heathkit sirens. I have a Heath /Zenith WD-5130. The yelp settings sounds like a GE Power call and the pitch adjustment is not working. I have a copy of the manual with schematic if you need.
Thanks, Bill

Usmc69187

Kent's (MtnMan's) Siren Repair Shop is open for business!

Got a croaking, squawking, buzzing, fuse-blowing, or just plain dead siren? Want to
hear it wail and yelp again in all its full-power glory?

I've been doing repair and restoration of electronic sirens for ELB members by request, and it seems like time to offer my services more widely. I have experience working on many current and vintage sirens, including:

• Carson SA, SC series
  • Code 3 V-Con, MasterCom, Undercover
  • Federal Signal PA 15, PA 20, PA 150, PA 200, PA 300, e-Q2B
  • Galls branded sirens
  • North American Signal Siren Master
  • Scientific Protoypes Mark series
  • Star SVP SS series
  • Unitrol 80K, Omega, Touchmaster, Touchmaster Delta
  • Whelen 295, Alpha
The most common component failures encountered on electronic sirens are output transistors (no sound at all), control switches (some modes don't work), and PA mic wiring and switches (no PA or scratchy sound). Older analog sirens are also prone to out-of-spec capacitors, producing tones that just don't sound right.

All of these issues, and more, can be fixed. I offer component-level troubleshooting, and I have sourced replacements for many discontinued and hard-to-find parts, including Germanium power transistors, mics, knobs, switches, fuse holders, connectors and wiring harnesses. Defective output transistors will be replaced with gain-matched pairs, which is important for long-term durability.

Basic repairs start at $60 flat rate, plus actual cost of parts and return shipping. Any additional costs are subject to the customer's approval. If my evaluation indicates that repairs are not feasible, I can return the unit as-is (customer pays return shipping), or I may be able to make a cash offer for parts value.

If you're interested in services, please PM me with details of your siren and its condition for an up-front estimate and further details.

Thanks!
Kent
Kent's (MtnMan's) Siren Repair Shop is open for business!

Got a croaking, squawking, buzzing, fuse-blowing, or just plain dead siren? Want to
hear it wail and yelp again in all its full-power glory?

I've been doing repair and restoration of electronic sirens for ELB members by request, and it seems like time to offer my services more widely. I have experience working on many current and vintage sirens, including:

• Carson SA, SC series
  • Code 3 V-Con, MasterCom, Undercover
  • Federal Signal PA 15, PA 20, PA 150, PA 200, PA 300, e-Q2B
  • Galls branded sirens
  • North American Signal Siren Master
  • Scientific Protoypes Mark series
  • Star SVP SS series
  • Unitrol 80K, Omega, Touchmaster, Touchmaster Delta
  • Whelen 295, Alpha
The most common component failures encountered on electronic sirens are output transistors (no sound at all), control switches (some modes don't work), and PA mic wiring and switches (no PA or scratchy sound). Older analog sirens are also prone to out-of-spec capacitors, producing tones that just don't sound right.

All of these issues, and more, can be fixed. I offer component-level troubleshooting, and I have sourced replacements for many discontinued and hard-to-find parts, including Germanium power transistors, mics, knobs, switches, fuse holders, connectors and wiring harnesses. Defective output transistors will be replaced with gain-matched pairs, which is important for long-term durability.

Basic repairs start at $60 flat rate, plus actual cost of parts and return shipping. Any additional costs are subject to the customer's approval. If my evaluation indicates that repairs are not feasible, I can return the unit as-is (customer pays return shipping), or I may be able to make a cash offer for parts value.

If you're interested in services, please PM me with details of your siren and its condition for an up-front estimate and further details.

Thanks!
Kent
hey, i have a few NYPD Mark 7 sirens that need various repairs. Im hoping you'll be able to help. Hope to hear back from you.

Safetyman

Established Member
HI,
My experience with Kent has been very good . Kent has repaired for me a FS PA15,. PA150, PA200 and his latest repair for me on a Unitrol Touchmaster D. Kent apparently works several jobs in addition to siren repair. My advise is to be patient. He does good work is usually has a bench full.
Bill

Usmc69187

HI,
My experience with Kent has been very good . Kent has repaired for me a FS PA15,. PA150, PA200 and his latest repair for me on a Unitrol Touchmaster D. Kent apparently works several jobs in addition to siren repair. My advise is to be patient. He does good work is usually has a bench full.
Bill
Do you have a phone number for him

Latest posts

Latest posts

Latest Listings

Top Bottom