Keypad Repairs?

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
What would be best to fix a torn button on a rubber/silicone type keypad? One of the GE Rangr S810 Keypads my dad and I got has a button that is almost torn off. These keypads are pretty hard to get, it'll just be used for show, no used, but I'd like to keep the button from further detaching. I tried super glue but it didn't hold lol.

If anyone has any suggestions it is appreciated!

ai1303.photobucket.com_albums_ag156_CHP_VehiclesandEquipment_1d052ea75ed5d13b94d14665629a47662.jpg

ai1303.photobucket.com_albums_ag156_CHP_VehiclesandEquipment_1568fc208cb7ebb73842f768516a5c4c7.jpg

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Does it have to be functional or just for show? If it doesn't have to work, I'd just glue a thin backer to the membrane that covers the hole left by the broken key to the backside, then glue the key to that. If it has to be functional, I'm kinda at a loss.

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
Ben E. said:
Does it have to be functional or just for show? If it doesn't have to work, I'd just glue a thin backer to the membrane that covers the hole left by the broken key to the backside, then glue the key to that. If it has to be functional, I'm kinda at a loss.

This button won't be used (the others above it will have a purpose in my "custom" S810. The backer is a good idea, question now is what kind of material amd glue. I'm a complete noob

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Any thin clear plastic should do. I bet if you looked around your house you'd find all sorts of donor items. Clear is just my suggestion to retain the ability of the backlight to work so it still looks normal.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.