Kia Sedona Minivan

timkenfire103

May 24, 2010
Brewster, Ohio
The girlfriend has 2 weeks before graduating from RN school and will have the time to start running calls again. She has a kia sedona and she wants lights and siren installed so its my next install project.

Im just doing a basic install that includes whelen dual talon on the dash and maybe a Carson SC1022 or Smart Siren. Im going to be using a relay just for a master power switch.

I was hoping that there is somewhere inside that I can find power. I was lucky with my trailblazer and power was already inside. Im cringing at the thought of having to run power through the firewall. Anyone have any tips or have done an install on these vans before?

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Usually these minivans have lots of points where you can cannibalize power from, to the roof inside (for DVD player/screen crap) and near the C-pillar and back sides for auxiliary power. Having said that, never worked on a Kia so good luck.

Also, for the love of god consider using a full lightbar if you're going to run hot with a land whale.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Or a dash light up front, grille lights in the side, and a warning bar in the rear. Sounds pretty effective and cost efficient! :thumbsup:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Go simple yet effective with a dash light and a siren! People have been running that set up for decades! It workes!!!!!

timkenfire103

May 24, 2010
Brewster, Ohio
Thanks for all of you that have posted to my thread

I thought about just a lightbar but she just wont go for it.

Our dept runs one duty medic during the day with most of the officers working for the town and are allowed to leave to make calls or the half dozen probies that dont work jobs during the day and hang out around the station. During the day our squad is out the door within 2-4 mins after the tones have dropped. So the majority of the time that this system will be used is basically if she is already out and about in town and needs something to get to the station in hopes to make the bus before it leaves for a squad call or from home for an MVA where more then one squad is needed.

As far as what I am installing these are items that I already have as a budget for this project doesnt exist. Her Sedona is just the base model no dvd player so that option for power is out which Im still hoping that Im not going to have to run power inside for what little Im installing but it kind of sounds like im just going to have to suck it up and do it

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
That may be, but a land whale with a single dual talon and siren is going to give like 60 degree visibility. Now while front lighting will be immensely more important, other directions will still be.

At the least, consider TLF & HLF.

If she won't go for the lightbar, consider either a magnetic mini or tell her that she's likely to get nailed in an intersection if she doesn't get side warning. You don't want to cause a second MVA en route to the first one :eek:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.