"Knight Rider" Flash Pattern

DRJONES

Mar 12, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
Hey Folks,

I'm looking for a led stick with the "Knight Rider" like flash pattern... something sturdy for behind the grille of my Crown Vic. There are a ton of really cheap setups that only do that particular pattern, but I'd like something that is water proof with a variety of patterns. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The Axixtech 6 and 8 Commanders will do that Kit Scan flash pattern.

We also sell the Oracle Led Scanner bars. Definitely not for primary warning but if you wanted to add a little accent to your vehicle they are very reasonably priced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfKD9w25

Last edited by a moderator:

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
IMHO, stick to the regular flashing patterns. The 'Knight Rider' patterns are those that are 'gimmicks' and look cool, but are inneffective for warning use. Leave the scanning patterns for the disco or wacker room and the flashing chunks to the vehicles.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
You gotta love the Nightrider pattern but if you want it for warning you would be much better off with a wig wag between half of the stick and the other half. With the nightrider pattern only one led head is at full power at one time.

But hey, its all up to you man, the patterns a classic, im sure it will look great!

KP

DRJONES

Mar 12, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
Thanks! I want a light that can do both A) It's primary purpose with be for warning so I need it to have at least one effective warning pattern. B) I seem to have a knack for getting selected for public events, and I think the Knight Rider pattern would be an attention getter for us!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
DRJONES said:
Thanks! I want a light that can do both A) It's primary purpose with be for warning so I need it to have at least one effective warning pattern. B) I seem to have a knack for getting selected for public events, and I think the Knight Rider pattern would be an attention getter for us!

That's about the only nice time for the NR pattern. PR or traffic stuff and a low volume corner/location. Low power consumption, so you can leave your vehicle sit with the lights on and the vehicle off.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
As a fan of the original show, and the remake, I personally LOVE this pattern... I understand that is itsn't an "effective" flash pattern, but I like the looks of it... LoL

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
TritonBoulder47 said:
As a fan of the original show, and the remake, I personally LOVE this pattern... I understand that is itsn't an "effective" flash pattern, but I like the looks of it... LoL

+1..loved the show!

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
Check out the feniex line of pythons. Pretty sure they all have that pattern built in that scan , I think its twice, then do about two full flashes.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS

A-TAD

May 21, 2010
South Eastern PA
I believe the Code 3 Narrowstik controller also has that flash pattern.

DRJONES

Mar 12, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
fireman616wfd said:
Here you go... these are nice little sticks, not some knock-offs and plus I have a great deal on them.

911EP TD/WL 24. Mounted one in a crown vic the other day and put it on the "knight rider" pattern. For $165 shipped in my For Sale post you cant beat it.

here is a link to my post..

http://www.elightbars.org/forums/f16/911ep-takedown-lights-wl-traffic-bars-%24165-shipped-x4-soundoff-signal-help-intersectors-%24105-each-12708/

Do you need a separate controller for this light? Do you have video of it in that install? All blue still available?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
DRJONES said:
Do you need a separate controller for this light? Do you have video of it in that install? All blue still available?

No, the TDWLs can be operated off simple switches.

Jan 7, 2011
Tampa, Florida
DRJONES said:
Hey Folks,
I'm looking for a led stick with the "Knight Rider" like flash pattern... something sturdy for behind the grille of my Crown Vic. There are a ton of really cheap setups that only do that particular pattern, but I'd like something that is water proof with a variety of patterns. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

As a matter of fact, your in luck.....the Whelen Dominator in 6, 8 or 10 head will do the Knight Rider pattern your looking for. I just did the same, split red/blue, in a 1969 Road Runner....I will have pics up here shortly. Any questions, send me a message! Jeff

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
DRJONES said:
correct, as RWO stated all you need is simple switches however a box can be purchased if your just wanting a box with a LED panel. I didn't take a video but I can try to get up with him and get one for you but for that price you will be very pleased while they are on clearance. All blue is available for now as my for sale post shows the number of bars available but I can't promise how long they will last.

Bells Towing

Jul 13, 2011
USA Lousiana
43f0fccc.mp4 video by BellsTowing - Photobucket

I just found this forum and while looking around found this post. Here is what I have under the front bumper of my Heavy Duty Wrecker and I have also built one into a Jet Solaris lightbar. It's a Sho-Me flasher that has a rotary switch on the front... The video is of the random setting but the "scan" is at the very end of the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Are there any new products that offer the "Knight Rider" pattern? This thread is 4 years old and mine was locked so seeing if there is anything new. Thanks!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
my show me flasher does the "knight rider pattern", but as ive shown before the real pattern is slow..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killgolden

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.