Knockoff fed sig viper s2 dash light

mmtfd37

Jul 8, 2013
flint michigan
I just bought a duel dash light from led warning products, I knew it wasn't a name brand light since it was only $50 but when it came in the mail today the light had federal signal viper s2 stickers on it. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet to see if it's even any good. Their not even advertising it as a fed signal so I'm not sure why they feel the need to slap those stickers on there. I'll add a link to the light too.

http://www.ledwarningproducts.com/dual-linear/

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I feel both sorry and sad for you, as you not only did not do research prior to making a purchase.. But you are also in Flint.

Bummer dude.

Reactions: tsquale and MEVS06

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
I got to agree with Fever on this one. I would buy something from the crack head on the corner before a site like that. Taking pretty much the same chance and if the crack head screws you at least you can beat the crap out of him.

Reactions: tsquale and MEVS06

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I am a bit confused here. The OP stated in his initial post he knew this was not a brand name light. What it seemed like he was getting at was the fact that Viper S2 labels were on a light that is not even close to the real thing. Understandably, the site looks a little novice, maybe this is that persons beginning just like everyone else's company beginning. He started somewhere with what looks like a few Chinese style lights but now has Feinix lights. I just feel like the OP was making a comment about the stickers on the light and everyone went off about buying this type of light and the web site  and why he shouldn't have bought it when it seems like the OP knew what he was doing, just made a comment about it.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Im not new to the lighting world I know a thing or two about lights im a wacker... And I bought two of those knock off lights for less then $25 each on amazon and they are very bright. They are also very close to the real thing and I know what im talking about since I did own a REAL Federal Signal Viper S2 before. The only thing different from the real thing is the quality control of the light. It has very cheap internals and very crappy soddering. I even found finger prints inside the light reflectors of both lights showing how little they care about even the smallest details like cleaning the light before they ship it. Both lights like I said were very bright so bright I might even dare to say that they had good competition with the real thing. BUT the lights did start fail a few hours into owning them. Now if your just some novice then you would give up once the light failed but since I know what im doing I took the light apart and messed with it and got both of them working by fixing some crappy soddering some 12 year old did in a factory in shinueng weng somewhere. Yes they both came with pretty realistic FEDERAL SIGNAL VIPER S2 decals on them it even came in a Federal SIgnal box which to me looked like the real deal. I know what I was buying and I bought them just for shits and giggles since they cost less then $25 on amazon prime with free 2 day shipping.

I liked them and I still use them I will let you guys know when my old 2005 truck with 200k miles finally burns down with those dash lights in them lets see how long it takes. :crazy:

Reactions: lotsofbars
For those of you thinking these knock off Vipers are bright, what are you comparing them to?  I got duped on Ebay.  Received one of these and it is a total joke.  I thought I was going to literally break the thing in half putting it on the windshield.  One lens screw won't screw in, there's glue everywhere, it's a total wreck.  5 minutes run time one side is already considerably dimmer than the other.  Compared it to a Whelen Talon, Talon blows it away.  

Anyway, he's refunding me.  I'm not sure how they're getting the Federal Signal Viper stickers Made in USA.  It's a rip off.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Overseas cheap lights are one thing, they are overtly cheaper items made overseas and sold as such.  The consumer knows the risk benefit balance.  Counterfeiting a name brand is a direct attempt to fool the buyer into thinking the item is something it is not.  Buying counterfeit products has many negative consequences for that consumer, other consumers, the legitimate manufacturers and the market in general. 

For reference, eLightbars does not allow the sales of counterfeits on the site.  Selling counterfeits here will result in deletion of the items and possible suspension of the account posting them.  You may discuss them in other areas and post pics.  In fact please do.  The more we can do to expose these products and their makers, the better.

If you want a cheap light get one.  There are many cheap LEDs out there that aren't fraudulently representing themselves as a US made name brand.  Do your part as a consumer and don't support people making money off misusing designs and trademarks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dmathieu

crucialcolin

Nov 23, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Definently pays to keep vigalent and do your research. I actually have a few cheapy chineese lights myself. Something I had for a few years that still work for my needs. However would I buy them again. Probably not.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.