L3 Mobile Vision Flashback software

citro

Jan 18, 2024
LT
Hello, I recently got a Flashback3 video recorder system, but I struggle to find the software that would play the recorded video. As I understand the software is called "Flashback player". I can't find it anywhere to download. Would anyone have it and could share it with me?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Mobile Vision was acquired from L3 by Safe Fleet in 2019. You could try reaching out to them for assistance. Our agency used to use that system but everything was uploaded to a remote server and used a web URL to access video, not a software program.

citro

Jan 18, 2024
LT
I think the remote server is an additional service that they offer/offered according to the Flashback manual. In my case, I have recorded some footage to the SD card and would just want to view it from my PC when needed. The files on the SD card are in .QBX format. If I Google the format, I come up to very old threads on various forums saying that "Flashback player" is needed to view them.
Thank you for the reply and suggestion.

citro

Jan 18, 2024
LT
A very kind person on a FB group shared the software with me. Problem solved. If anyone will find this thread - message me and I will share the software.

Reactions: Tony P

zath

Mar 5, 2023
Wisconsin
I think the remote server is an additional service that they offer/offered according to the Flashback manual. In my case, I have recorded some footage to the SD card and would just want to view it from my PC when needed. The files on the SD card are in .QBX format. If I Google the format, I come up to very old threads on various forums saying that "Flashback player" is needed to view them.
Thank you for the reply and suggestion.
This is a little off topic and unrelated, but how are you able to record footage on the SD card? My flashback keeps giving me a verifying storage error. This is the second DVR I have used

citro

Jan 18, 2024
LT
This is a little off topic and unrelated, but how are you able to record footage on the SD card? My flashback keeps giving me a verifying storage error. This is the second DVR I have used
I have a Flashback 3 that I got a few months ago off eBay and to make the verifying image error disappear you have to insert the SD card and then close/lock the lid with the key. After you lock it - the DVR goes from the configuring/service mode to recorder mode. I hope this will help you.

citro

Jan 18, 2024
LT
If someone would have another version of the software, please share it. The one that I have shared here - it is a video converter to mp4, but there is also a player version, where you can watch the video without converting on your Windows machine. Would be great to have it to the collection and I would love to export videos that show the GPS, speed and other parameters as the converter software just shows the video without the metadata.
The other software that I'm talking about looks like this:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.