LACoFD Copter 18 Rescues MVA Victims

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
while watching the video, I noticed that the Ambulance's rear lights were A/R/R/A.

Iv'e never seen that set up before on an ambulance, in fact, I'm pretty sure that's against the "KKK Standard"

SoCalHAM

Mar 14, 2011
CA
California has a weird rear lighting thing going on with Fire/EMS right now -- I've noticed a lot of amber/red or amber/white on the rears (notice the reflective material on the doors)... That has been common on many LAFD ambulances lately but im not expert on it.

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
The ambo is not a LAFD ambo, its a private company that they contract with for that area, they also use AMR in other areas.

In my area AMR has the 911 contract for ALL of Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. Which is a HUGE land area, with probably a thousand or so rigs for all the areas. We also have a few companies, along with AMR that are used for private transfers. But AMR has the 911 contract on lock, and has had it for about the last 15-20 or so years.

They also have A/R/R/A, R/A/A/R, R/A/R/A and A/R/A/R, depending on the rig, but they are all pretty much uniform.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
LACoFD has one of if not the best copter programs in the USA in my opinion. Part of a great world class department too. I always loved watching the LA County Fire Department at work on the old episodes of Emergency!

Station-51, 10-4. KMG-365.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
LLS said:
while watching the video, I noticed that the Ambulance's rear lights were A/R/R/A.

Iv'e never seen that set up before on an ambulance, in fact, I'm pretty sure that's against the "KKK Standard"

are they going to throw you in jail for violating a "standard"

is there a light prison?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.