Lapd aerodynic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugsy87

Oct 4, 2015
kansas city kansas
I have for sale a Lapd federal signal aerodynic 48 inch 3.5 panel bar with alley light cutout filters rare speaker guard and speaker asking 600

Attachments

• 20151221_004320-1.jpg
    20151221_004320-1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 250

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
LAPD bars typically had a LAPD serial number attached, and I don't recall alley light cutouts on them - on any LAPD bar.

Most fleet patrol vehicles had the side mounted flood lights on them, as well as "all light" versions (no center speaker) beginning in the 1990's.

It does have the correct look in the front for the 1980's version of the fielded bars, with the exception of the alley light cutouts (added side lights were used in this time period, forget when they started using them - end caps were solid colors).

Still something you don't see everyday. Wouldn't mind picking up a 90's version myself.

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
LAPD bars typically had a LAPD serial number attached, and I don't recall alley light cutouts on them - on any LAPD bar.

Most fleet patrol vehicles had the side mounted flood lights on them, as well as "all light" versions (no center speaker) beginning in the 1990's.

It does have the correct look in the front for the 1980's version of the fielded bars, with the exception of the alley light cutouts (added side lights were used in this time period, forget when they started using them - end caps were solid colors).

Still something you don't see everyday. Wouldn't mind picking up a 90's version myself.

I would beg to differ. Some of the early LAPD aerodynics with speaker grilles and passenger side take down lights did have alley light cutouts. I think they decided they needed more side clearance soon after the aeros appeared and went to solid end caps with external alleys. I have a picture of myself next to an LAPD Dodge St. Regis with alley light cutouts. I will spare all with that photo but here is another. I have several more.

image.jpeg

Reactions: FCV96

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
I need to add here.......remember the early Aerodynics had solid color endcaps with clear circular alley light windows. These may have been the type you were thinking of. From what I have heard they didn't like the lack of light output with internal alley lights, thus deciding to go with external mounted ones for better light output to the side.

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I need to add here.......remember the early Aerodynics had solid color endcaps with clear circular alley light windows. These may have been the type you were thinking of. From what I have heard they didn't like the lack of light output with internal alley lights, thus deciding to go with external mounted ones for better light output to the side.

Totally agree. So rare are the Aerodynic domes with the alley light 'windows' you almost forget about them. I tried magnifying a better picture I have of the LAPD Aero, still can't tell if it's the window or insert, but would bet it's the window due to the time frame.

Ara

Jul 22, 2016
MA
Hello

I can't clearly tell from the pic - does the unit have the actual alley lamp assembly or is just the cutout is present? Would this be considered the 24MEAH model?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.