LAPD Car of the FUTURE

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Broken link?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
It's got a Valor? I want a Vision SLR. Borin:blinkhuh: wait.

Do they have enough solar panels?

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Solar powered light bar? Does that mean more juice from the vehicle's electrical system can be used to power a mechanical siren?

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Those brackets on the lightbar are for Motorola plate readers. And there is hardly anything futuristic on that vehicle except for the possible integrated computer interface which I have seen before done with the FedSig SS. The Motorola APX 09 control head is on the market already, as well as the lightbar, I do agree, definitely needs a Vision SLR(all the cool kids are using that) hahaha.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
It's funny this was posted because I was just thinking about a special I saw on TV from about 2003. It was a prototype "future police car" that was basically the same concept as this car- fully integrating everything with a computer. The funny part is that it was built on a Caprice and the computer took up half the trunk! I remember it had a Vision that was preprogrammed to run different light configurations and siren tones depending on the nature of the call. It had the ability to upload pictures to the internet via the dash camera. Everything in the car was voice activated. It's really weird to think that a smartphone from today can do the same thing that a computer the size of a Caprice trunk took just a decade ago.

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
Wonder what the police dept will do when they sell them.

Would they take out the computer and all that or what? Cant think of what COULD happen if they sold it, went to auction and someone grabs these up and BOOM! Nice computer system right there

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.