LAPD lights

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
What would be the correct lighting on a late 80's early 90's LAPD CRASH, unmarked or detective unit? The front and rear interior warning lights. Thanks!

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
What would be the correct lighting on a late 80's early 90's LAPD CRASH, unmarked or detective unit? The front and rear interior warning lights. Thanks!
I am not sure but my guess would be EES-CopLite model 804. Red steady burning to the front and a rear facing double 804 on the left size.
I will think amber to the left and blue to the right.

But it might have been later.

Michael

Last edited:

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Dont try to guess, or you will end up with a clown car. I would suggest joining several of the FB groups that deal with vintage police cars and you will have your correct answer within the hour. There are guys on those groups that are very knowledgeable about all the vintage cruisers.

Reactions: Windycity411

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
Yeah, sure, just watch Colors. Because Hollywood is always 100% accurate. Do whatever you see on TV and enjoy your clown car, kid. *facepalm*

southpaw

May 7, 2015
South-West
The movie is more accurate, for what your are looking for than you may realize. It will give you some information. I would follow Kerry's advice also.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The front steady burn light in the movie sequence is a EES-CopLite Swing Down 616.
My guess earlier was only to give a hint or working point of what might have been used at the time.
The lights I mentioned in my earlier post was used by LAPD but probably later in the 90s.

Sorry that I tried to help.

Michael

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.