Lastest Twinsonic with some nice "features"

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Got this nice working Federal signal Twinsonic light bar yesterday...bought is from a retired fireman.
He transformed the power to european 220V, but it runs very slow, BUT check out the grease! Also worth mentioning are the special drainpipe legs ;-)
Let the restoration being:

IMG_0625.JPGIMG_0626.JPGIMG_0627.JPGIMG_0628.JPGIMG_0629.JPG

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
You can pick up some aluminum or steel flat stock and atleast bend out a set of better looking legs. The proper legs on these Twinsoncis do show up from time to time but they bring pretty good money. In fact there is a set on Ebay right now. And the grease is definitely part of your problem.

Reactions: Thomas1234

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Yes thanks for the info, luckily i do have a couple spare legs, but was always missing the "connection" parts, so this will turn out just fine!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
For display purposes those feet are just fine.. IMO but I would swap them with legit ones if I had them.
I would check the bar out from top to bottom.. clean the excess grease but also make sure the chains are taught going to each rotator.

Nice grab.

Reactions: Thomas1234

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Last edited:
Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Thanks @Stampeed Valkyrie, this will be my 2nd twin, the first was way worse (see one of my old post: https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/finally-restored-the-bar-that-started-my-addiction.81930/ ) ,

This one got the name plates, speaker and nice domes (after some work). btw thumbs up for your aerodynic explanation video on your youtube channel, you should make more like that!

I always have several light projects in the works.. I may do the same on a Twinsonic, and a Visibar I am working on before I complete them.
Call them the chain gang.. lol

Reactions: jph2 and Thomas1234

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.