LED Beacon: Anyone ever try

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
I always have loved my old FedSig firebeam - especially with the mirror. Anyone ever think about or try sticking a LED beacon in with a multi-flash mirror? I've seen some retro fit led rotator - I think it was a dashlaser. But curious as to how a LED beacon would look with a mirror increasing the flash rate.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Keep the Firebeam. The vast majority of LED beacons with a "rotating" flash pattern do a piss poor job of replicating the same effect that halogen rotating lights have. The Firebeam is a very capable light, especially with the mirror.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
nerdly_dood said:
Keep the Firebeam. The vast majority of LED beacons with a "rotating" flash pattern do a piss poor job of replicating the same effect that halogen rotating lights have. The Firebeam is a very capable light, especially with the mirror.

+1 the led rotating beacons aren't that great!

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Sorry guys, I think my idea was lost in translation. I was just curious as to how it might look. I agree about the rotator flash pattern especially when compared to a firebeam. Just a thought.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.