led flasher???

dirtracer7207

Apr 19, 2012
Tonopah, nevada
hey guys i am working on a project that i could use some help with... is there a led flasher out there, that can flash four leds, that has at least two modes, i am trying to have the leds steady burn on one mode and then flash on the second mode, any other ideas let me know thanks.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
dirtracer7207 said:
hey guys i am working on a project that i could use some help with... is there a led flasher out there, that can flash four leds, that has at least two modes, i am trying to have the leds steady burn on one mode and then flash on the second mode, any other ideas let me know thanks.

That all depends on the lightheads you are using. If you're trying to setup a system to have steady white lights and flashing lights by the flick of a switch, then it all depends on the product. Does the lighthead have a built in flasher? If it does, it may have a steady burn feature. When you put it on steady burn, does it turn on bright and then dim after a couple seconds? This is something you may want to check first.

Warning lights are designed to dissipate heat when in warning mode. When in steady burn, they dim to create less heat and prevent themselves from burning out. They dim after a couple seconds to allow you the option of connecting your lighthead to an external flasher and utilizing the full brightness of the lighthead before it dims.

If you are doing the work light/warning light feature, make sure you choose a product that was designed specifically for steady on for an extended period of time. If they aren't designed for it, you will shorten the lifespan of the product. Something to consider.

Tony

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
25CK117

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.