LED HAW for 2010 Ford Escape

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
A co worker wants me help him install HAWs in his 2010 Escape. Has anyone installed these in this car?

grantnet10

May 28, 2010
Westchester County, NY
dustymedic said:
A co worker wants me help him install HAWs in his 2010 Escape. Has anyone installed these in this car?

I actually have! It's basically as CajunBlitz depicts. I put Whelen Vertex's in my fog lights. Super easy to do. They are single layered, so you don't have the complications with drilling two holes. The housings are small, so the vertex gives a big punch!

The taillights are very straight forward as well. I did Vertex in those as well. I do wish it was a tad bit brighter though. Maybe the Axixtech or similar, which have more LED's would be better suited.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
Thanks both. He's still in budgeting phase. He actually wanted to go with strobe HAWs, but I think I've convinced him to go with LED. I'll show him the tail lights in your thread CajunBlitz.

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Our CID vehicles have C3 hide-a-blast in the headlights. they are installed on the bottom side on the flat port. they are ok, until the headlights are on then they are useless.

grantnet10

May 28, 2010
Westchester County, NY
dustymedic said:
Thanks both. He's still in budgeting phase. He actually wanted to go with strobe HAWs, but I think I've convinced him to go with LED. I'll show him the tail lights in your thread CajunBlitz.

I wouldn't install strobes. You'll have a chance of melting the small housings from the heat, especially the fog lights.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaptainKeram

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.