LED HAW Recommendations, cheap and not too bright

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
*puts flame suit on*

Any recommendations for cheap, not overly bright LED HAWs with high impact lenses?

I've become an avid airsofter over the past couple of years, and I'm looking for a better option for a "kill light". Airsofters currently have 3 options when hit by a BB and walking to the respawn area: hands up, gun up, and hope people get the message; use a red rag, usually draped over the head or shoulder, to indicate they are hit, or a red light. The red lights work best indoors, but there aren't a lot of options out there for something visible from all directions. Many players put them on the front of their gear, which does absolutely nothing when walking away from the play area.

I'm looking at attaching a pair of cheap, dim, LED HAWs to the front and rear of my gear, with a small battery pack and an easily accessible switch. They need to withstand the impact of a BB on the rare occasions I'm the shootee instead of the shooter. Any recommendations?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
buy some leds off the web and make your own....

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I basicly want cheap that I can potentially a package together for other players.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I think you finally found a GOOD use for those.. lol I've had them and didn't want to put them on cars. They are bright but such a small footprint.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
Do you have any pictures of the wiring? Is it just centered on the rear?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
yeah just centored on the rear

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.