Led headlights and high beams

mike001

Mar 25, 2013
Providence RI
Wanted to know off anyone has done or had any ideas in making led high beams flash. (Think new acura mdx or infiniti q50) I know I can't use standard hlf because they are to slow and are rated for halogen bulbs, however is there any led flasher out there that can be used possibly with some diodes and relays if necessary to get an alternating flash on them?

Thanks in advance guys

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
LED's will work with halogen flashers no problem. Flash rate shouldn't be an issue either. Plenty of people have hooked up HLF's to LED headlights, though they are normally aftermarket lights, like the lifetime led kits. I don't see why there would be any issue hooking an HLF to a vehicles OEM led headlights. Some vehicles like Audi have LED headlights that still use a projector that moves to allow for high and low beam patterns. You wouldn't want to hook up and HLF to these kind of high beams since it can wear out the mechanism for the high/low function. As long as there solid state you should be fine. Hope this helps.

Lifetime LED's and HLF

Reactions: MtnMan

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Personally, I've become a fan of leaving the stock headlamps alone and installing white LED driving lamps or something similar (Rigid D2s, Feniex Cobra 100s with the white "spot" lens, aka the Titan-series work lights) in the grille as far apart as possible.  You can use them as wigwags & steady-on TDs or scene lights too.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Wanted to know off anyone has done or had any ideas in making led high beams flash. (Think new acura mdx or infiniti q50) I know I can't use standard hlf because they are to slow and are rated for halogen bulbs, however is there any led flasher out there that can be used possibly with some diodes and relays if necessary to get an alternating flash on them?

Thanks in advance guys
Is there such a flasher, yes there is.  It's called the PHF-ISO.  It will be up on our website soon.  It's our programmable, solid-state, isolated headlight flasher and has the programmability of our LED flasher where you can set the pattern, pulse count and tempo of the flash pattern of your choice.  For your application, you will just speed up the tempo to get your desired LED flash pattern speed.

This is a positive-switched flasher and will deactivate when you need your high beams.  It also features our one-touch flasher disable like that found in our Ford Interceptor flasher units (FISOS).  I will post back when the flasher has been uploaded to the website for you to check out.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Tony

Reactions: MEVS06

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Is there such a flasher, yes there is. It's called the PHF-ISO. It will be up on our website soon. It's our programmable, solid-state, isolated headlight flasher and has the programmability of our LED flasher where you can set the pattern, pulse count and tempo of the flash pattern of your choice. For your application, you will just speed up the tempo to get your desired LED flash pattern speed.

This is a positive-switched flasher and will deactivate when you need your high beams. It also features our one-touch flasher disable like that found in our Ford Interceptor flasher units (FISOS). I will post back when the flasher has been uploaded to the website for you to check out. Let me know if you have any questions.

Tony
This flasher ERM is talking about is awesome , nothing like it. I install the second one he made of that line of flashers in a 2015 Tahoe, my favorite part was the two activations and the way I could customize the flash pattern.

Reactions: MEVS06

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.